Main Themes for An Inspector Calls, A Christmas Carol, and Macbeth

Watch this thread
saffarinda
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I was wondering if anyone had some lists of the main themes likely to appear in the English Lit exams for these novels/play? I have an idea of some, but if anyone has a comprehensive list that would be amazing.

Thank you!
CandidateZero
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by saffarinda)
I was wondering if anyone had some lists of the main themes likely to appear in the English Lit exams for these novels/play? I have an idea of some, but if anyone has a comprehensive list that would be amazing.

Thank you!
Significant themes in 'An Inspector Calls':

Responsibility, Generational Divide, Social (In)justice, Parenting, Gender Divide and Time and the Supernatural.

Significant themes in 'A Christmas Carol':

Social Responsibility, Social Class, Poverty, Greed and Generosity, Transformation and Change, Wealth, Time, The Supernatural and Redemption.

Significant themes in 'Macbeth':

Loyalty and Betrayal, Kingship, Ambition, Fate and Free Will, the Supernatural/Paranormal, Nature, Love and Power.
saffarinda
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by CandidateZero)
Significant themes in 'An Inspector Calls':

Responsibility, Generational Divide, Social (In)justice, Parenting, Gender Divide and Time and the Supernatural.

Significant themes in 'A Christmas Carol':

Social Responsibility, Social Class, Poverty, Greed and Generosity, Transformation and Change, Wealth, Time, The Supernatural and Redemption.

Significant themes in 'Macbeth':

Loyalty and Betrayal, Kingship, Ambition, Fate and Free Will, the Supernatural/Paranormal, Nature, Love and Power.
Thank you so much! <3
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (117)
68.82%
No (34)
20%
I didn't use it to prepare (19)
11.18%

Watched Threads