Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

How to show yourself love...

ReputationRep:
    I have been told that before I can love another I need to learn to love myself. How could I do this?

ReputationRep:
    Every day, tell yourself that you're perfect and you can achieve anything. You can write down everything you like about yourself. For example, i would write down that i'm funny af and i'm very kind, a good listener and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Close the curtains, turn off the lights, open up your computer, get some tissue ready and enjoy yourself some self love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Close the curtains, turn off the lights, open up your computer, get some tissue ready and enjoy yourself some self love.
    LOOOOL

ReputationRep:
    Make some audio tapes with stories about your experiences

ReputationRep:
    Can confirm

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion it means that you accept yourself entirely for who you are, warts and all.
    Believe your are good enough for anybody and equal to everybody.
    Be happy with your own company first. You don't need a relationship to validate yourself have a fulfilling life on your own and your special someone can share it with you

ReputationRep:
    Do this without the computer, looking at your reflection.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3fIZuW9P_M

Watch this

ReputationRep:
    THats actually good!

ReputationRep:
    Cop your own mixtape.

ReputationRep:
    Self-publish your Twilight fan fiction.

ReputationRep:
    It's a progressive thing. You can't just love yourself one day and the other day you can't. You have to start liking the small parts of yourself that you do everyday - the reason that you go about your day to day life the way you do. If you interact a lot with other people, don't fall into the trap of why they are talking to you, but why you like talking to them - what are the qualities that you possess that makes you go out in the real world and sell yourself.

Ask yourself this everyday - what is the one thing that you want to bring out in the world, or your legacy and once you start thinking like that, your thinking will translate into actions.

ReputationRep:
    Marks and Spencer's meal for 1.

ReputationRep:
    You need to enjoy where your living and just be happy where you are then you really move forward I think. If you always have your eyes on the horizon you'll probably miss all the things staring you in the face like the Marks and Spencer's meal for one or Iceland, it's about a pound mate.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 19, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.