Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Help- AQA classical civilisation 10 markers

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing some 10 markers on Augustus and the principate and was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to answer 10 markers for classics? Because it is about a civilisation how do you answer it differently to a 10 marker about literature?
    Let me know, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willow.s)
    I'm doing some 10 markers on Augustus and the principate and was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to answer 10 markers for classics? Because it is about a civilisation how do you answer it differently to a 10 marker about literature?
    Let me know, thank you!
    Nice to see someone else studying the Augustus paper!
    As for the 10 markers, I think it's a way of narrowing the information down and not waffling information. For the Building projects (Prima Porta, Ara Pacis, and Forum of Augustus) is more noting down key details and inscriptions in the building work.
    You don't have to reference the Res Gestae or Suetonius in the 10 mark question, but you can if you want to.

I hope this helps!
    (Also out of curiosity, what is the other paper you're studying? I'm taking the Tiberius and Claudius paper.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EstelOfTheEyrie)
    Nice to see someone else studying the Augustus paper!
    As for the 10 markers, I think it's a way of narrowing the information down and not waffling information. For the Building projects (Prima Porta, Ara Pacis, and Forum of Augustus) is more noting down key details and inscriptions in the building work.
    You don't have to reference the Res Gestae or Suetonius in the 10 mark question, but you can if you want to.

I hope this helps!
    (Also out of curiosity, what is the other paper you're studying? I'm taking the Tiberius and Claudius paper.)
    Yeah thank you so much! I think I always get carried away with the argument more than actually presenting the facts..
    Which bits do you find hardest? The building programme is probably the best topic for me but I struggle a lot with foreign policy and his management of the provinces
    I'm also studying the Aeneid (the roman epic paper)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willow.s)
    Yeah thank you so much! I think I always get carried away with the argument more than actually presenting the facts..
    Which bits do you find hardest? The building programme is probably the best topic for me but I struggle a lot with foreign policy and his management of the provinces
    I'm also studying the Aeneid (the roman epic paper)
    Anytime! I tended to do the same thing but keeping an eye on what you're writing definitely helps keep it more precise, and more likely to gain higher marks.
    I definitely find the building program the easiest - being able to see the structures helps so much when trying to revise. As for the hardest? I'd have to say the earliest moments of his rule, and dealing with the Senate. I'm more of a history of warfare person, so learning about battles and skirmishes comes more naturally to me than politics.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.