Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Bullying Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have very high suspicions that my younger brother, aged 13, is getting bullied at school. He comes home in a bad mood most days and has been very distant for the past few months. Today was the first time he has talked to me about it, although it was very little and he did not go into detail, he did say that he had a bad day and that people weren't very nice at school. I know that there is much more which he is not telling me but I am thankful that he has eventually spoken about the matter. I do not go to the same school as him so i cannot keep an eye on him, but do you have any advice on what I should do to help him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bidiesmyth)
    I have very high suspicions that my younger brother, aged 13, is getting bullied at school. He comes home in a bad mood most days and has been very distant for the past few months. Today was the first time he has talked to me about it, although it was very little and he did not go into detail, he did say that he had a bad day and that people weren't very nice at school. I know that there is much more which he is not telling me but I am thankful that he has eventually spoken about the matter. I do not go to the same school as him so i cannot keep an eye on him, but do you have any advice on what I should do to help him?
    beat the **** out of the bullies.

ReputationRep:
    Talk to his tutor and teachers at school regarding this.

You could ask him to keep away from those bullies and perhaps spend time in a play room at dinner breaks or the library on the computers.

Alternatively, he could move to a different school.

I know it's easier said than done and maybe this is not what you're looking for.

ReputationRep:
    Tell somebody, talk to him about discussing what is going on as he should not keep it to himself. He has nothing to be ashamed of or frightened of. Bullys are normally the most unhappy of students with a crap homelife, so come to school and pick on who they perceive as weaker so that they can feel better about themselves. Others stand around then and watch it happen because they are not brave enough to stick up for the person being bullied. but for everyone that watches and does nothing, they are as bad as the bully. How could anyone stand there watching someone being belittled or hit or have their possessions taken...imagine how they must be feeling, how helpless and upset they must be inside....and so sometimes a crowd of people will stand there, watching one person bully another, and nobody will act, nobody will have the guts to say leave them alone. If more people done this, bullies would think twice, if all people stood together and said we are not having this anymore, nobody has a right to beat or belittle another. Nobody has a right to make anothers life a misery so much so that they dread going to school every day for fear of another punch or verbal abuse or belittlement. Imagine it was you. What would you do? What would you want someone else to do to help you? When you answer that, you know what you need to do to help your brother. Do something. Dont do nothing.xx

ReputationRep:
    My little brother is 12 and had abit of bother at the start of high school, you need to become close to him and make sure he knows he can talk to you about anything. My little brother also said that he should ask his/your Mam and Dad to tell his teachers to keep an eye on him. But don't tell the little brother that he is getting kept an eye on because he might get worked up about it. Also make sure he is taking part in any after school clubs to make new friends. I know kids can be horrible nowadays.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 19, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.