Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What punishment should child molesters and rapists get? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Far too many seem to get only a few years in prison if convicted. Do you think that is enough?
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ratiunal)
    Far too many seem to get only a few years in prison if convicted. Do you think that is enough?
    Death

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Make sure it's long and drawn out as well eg. cutting bits of their body off then putting them around the UK as a warning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SerbiaStrong)
    Make sure it's long and drawn out as well eg. cutting bits of their body off then putting them around the UK as a warning
    lol, no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    lol, no.
    Why should a paedophile be given any less?

You reap what you sow.

ReputationRep:
    Sterilisation.
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SerbiaStrong)
    Crucifixion

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    death

ReputationRep:
    Let them rest of their life in jail, in harsh treatment. Punishing them by death makes us brutal like them, (i know they deserve it). If you believe in GOD, then you will know that GOD will punish them in afterlife.

ReputationRep:
    Jesus, I share a forum with a group of insane sociopaths

Spoiler:
    Show

(Original post by mc_miah)
    death
    (Original post by LennyBicknel)
    Sterilisation.

ReputationRep:
    Funny that you mention child rapists because I just watched a documentary based on rapists raping kids at the age of 14, it's just very painful to watch the victims suffer and so I agree the punishment needs to be extremely harsh! Death is a little bit too much I think, the suitable punishment I can think of is send them to prison for 30 years where they will be tortured like getting beaten up daily!

ReputationRep:
    Removal of knee caps.

ReputationRep:
    Damnatio ad Bestias.

ReputationRep:
    Lock them up with prisoners who've been depraved of sex for 30 years, then castrate them and shove it up their own anus

ReputationRep:
    A bullet in the head.

ReputationRep:
    No. Death penalty for rape is unlikely to deter it. Instead, the rapists would then have an incentive to kill their victims as well.

ReputationRep:
    I feel this is a difficult one. Although death seems to be a cruel punishment, but at the same time what they have done is absolutely appalling. If they were given let’s say given 20 years in prison and eventually the person does get released and one day come across the victim or his parents, how worthless or perhaps afraid they will feel. Hence, I feel death is justified. The only time I feel they should be forgiven from death penalty is if the victim/family chooses to do so. I also feel by punishing them with death, other people will be deterred out of fear from committing similar crimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ratiunal)
    Capital punishment for child molestors.
    Molesting a child is the equivalent of ruining it. A painful death.

Rapists should be sent to labour camps
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    There was a case in the UK in February where a man had been charged with 3 charges I think it was regarding two young girls under 14 (sexually asssulting and abusing).

For one girl he got 3 years and for the other only got one. And both run alongside each other. And half is served outside prison.

So justice system is kinda ****ed up. Apparently that was lucky as most sexual assaults against children don't result in prison just sexual offenders register.

ReputationRep:
    A slow and painful and cruel screamful death.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.