Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Saving the NHS Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If you became prime minister how would you save the NHS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chemgenius00)
    I would stop talking about it like it is about to fail. The NHS has needed saving for at least 30 years.

I would depoliticise it and have it run by an independent commission. The greatest threat to the NHS are politicians hoping to leave a legacy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chemgenius00)
    Easy;
    - increase number of places/unis that teach nursing and medicine
    - phase out agency nurses
    - make Trusts accountable for failings by firing staff, prison sentences, and fines
    - bring in PWC or Deloittes to revamp the entire system, but start with a single Trust
    - scrap the Civil service bidding system and make the NHS exempt from it
    - fine/ban patients who are aggressive, fail to turn up to appointments, or time wasting

Boom, just saved the NHS.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon pumping more money into the NHS will make no difference, it needs reform as it has been exploited for too long.Tackling mass immigration may be a potential solution because at the moment it cannot cope with the amount of use. If increased funding is the best solution then I'd make Scotland and Wales pay for prescriptions because thats bound to be putting a large strain on it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.