If you became prime minister how would you save the NHS?
Turn on thread page Beta
Saving the NHS watch
- Thread Starter
- 19-05-2017 17:58
- 19-05-2017 21:35
I would depoliticise it and have it run by an independent commission. The greatest threat to the NHS are politicians hoping to leave a legacy.
- 21-05-2017 14:36
- increase number of places/unis that teach nursing and medicine
- phase out agency nurses
- make Trusts accountable for failings by firing staff, prison sentences, and fines
- bring in PWC or Deloittes to revamp the entire system, but start with a single Trust
- scrap the Civil service bidding system and make the NHS exempt from it
- fine/ban patients who are aggressive, fail to turn up to appointments, or time wasting
Boom, just saved the NHS.Last edited by Jimbo1234; 21-05-2017 at 14:38.
- 21-05-2017 15:14
I reckon pumping more money into the NHS will make no difference, it needs reform as it has been exploited for too long.Tackling mass immigration may be a potential solution because at the moment it cannot cope with the amount of use. If increased funding is the best solution then I'd make Scotland and Wales pay for prescriptions because thats bound to be putting a large strain on it.