Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Club Soccer in North American Universities

ReputationRep:
    1. I am about to study in the USA for a year and was thinking about trying out for the football/soccer team . It's not a big varsity sports uni but does have a student run football team.
    2. Does anyone know about what level they'll be???
    3. because I'm not sure if the Americans are gonna be quality players or average/ below average. I've played football all my life and am decent but pretty average in UK terms as everyone here plays football

ReputationRep:
    any ideas

ReputationRep:
    anyone ??

ReputationRep:
    Uhh...

I don't think anyone can tell you how competitive the club team will be without knowing the area.

What I can say is that most schools will have an intramural system set up (you find a group of university friends, or teams take on free agents) according to competitive tiers. Eg T1 for most competitive, T2 for less competitive, and recreational. It basically is like league play. The higher the tier, the more likely the players are to have competed throughout secondary school, probably even playing in regionals.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.