Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

This summer catch up

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone think its okay to work really hard this summer in order to catch up on my History notes as well as start my coursework? I feel like i know nothing and have to reteach myself the first year of History as well as rewriting my Psychology notes.
    Any advice?
    Thanks

(Original post by meganvan150.)
    Does anyone think its okay to work really hard this summer in order to catch up on my History notes as well as start my coursework? I feel like i know nothing and have to reteach myself the first year of History as well as rewriting my Psychology notes.
    Any advice?
    Thanks
    If you want to do it , then why wouldnt it be ok?
    It will give you a head start and improve your chances of success.
    Try not to burn out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    If you want to do it , then why wouldnt it be ok?
    It will give you a head start and improve your chances of success.
    Try not to burn out.
    You're right, I am just concerned about spending all my time on my history content and neglecting my coursework and psychology

ReputationRep:
    also pretty paranoid about leaving this too late: can i realistically teach myself almost a years worth of lessons in afew months

You're right, I am just concerned about spending all my time on my history content and neglecting my coursework and psychology
    Just draw up a task list and make a schedule. I wouldnt too much about learning the stuff retention wise, but I would make sure I understood the issues and my notes were good. You can do a subject every 2 days. Depending on how clear your writing is, then eventually transferring onto PC gives flexibility, but a good handwritten set is fine.

My tip would be buy your revision books now and they can help you with making the notes. If your notes really are in good shape, then you will have a head start and when revision proper comes it will help you get up to speed faster and move onto exam papers.

Take a look at TSR and that could be you in 12 months.
    Do have a social life and dont burn out.

Allot time for coursework and psychology, then.

ReputationRep:
    ?
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Just draw up a task list and make a schedule. I wouldnt too much about learning the stuff retention wise, but I would make sure I understood the issues and my notes were good. You can do a subject every 2 days. Depending on how clear your writing is, then eventually transferring onto PC gives flexibility, but a good handwritten set is fine.

My tip would be buy your revision books now and they can help you with making the notes. If your notes really are in good shape, then you will have a head start and when revision proper comes it will help you get up to speed faster and move onto exam papers.

Take a look at TSR and that could be you in 12 months.
    Do have a social life and dont burn out.

Allot time for coursework and psychology, then.
    Thank you so much: I really needed this,
    Because we are the new spec for history there are no available past papers so I will have to ask my teacher how to generate my own questions and mark schemes or just do a past paper for each topic
    I think like you said the main focus is not to burn out or refuse myself a social life - thanks again for putting things into perspective

?

Thank you so much: I really needed this,
    Because we are the new spec for history there are no available past papers so I will have to ask my teacher how to generate my own questions and mark schemes or just do a past paper for each topic
    I think like you said the main focus is not to burn out or refuse myself a social life - thanks again for putting things into perspective
    If you get the revision books, then they often some exam questions in written with the current syllabus in mind. You are really trying to get the boring stuff out of the way rather than learn it to exam standards. It is good prep work for next year.

If you do go too hard and burn out then you wll be stale when it comes to next year. Treat it as a steady walk with rests, but try and get a set amount done before term starts. You will thank yourself next year.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.