Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if any English students had experience of organising a year in industry in America. If anyone had any advice on how I should go about organising it that would be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Age?

ReputationRep:
    19, ill be 20 at the time of placement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f_spanish)
    Age?
    19, ill be 20 at the time of placement.

ReputationRep:
    see, with USA, jobs are much harder to find. i would go with atleast £20000 to spend. LA is expensive. Start off in London, decent jobs there. Slowly build up by 25 you can live in LA ez. LA is very expensive for a good lifestyle. I suggest starting off in an apartment and grow out. Over there A-Levels mean nothing so i would suggest talking to someone who can effectivly translate your results. Or try a uni in LA with accomodation and then your results are easier to translate so getting a better job. That said, live your dream. Go for it and believe. Money is just a peice of paper. just work and you are fine tbh.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.