The Student Room Group

Is there any chance of getting a job in the UK as an international graduate?

I'm planning to pursue a graduate degree from uni of Sheffield in "computer science with an year in industry". Do some of the international students at graduate level even get a job in the uk after completing the degree or it's just same for everyone.
I mean to know are there even slightly positive prospects for graduate employment opportunities. Or one has to do either at least a master's or PhD to get a job?
Thanks in advance.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by vinny99
I'm planning to pursue a graduate degree from uni of Sheffield in "computer science with an year in industry". Do some of the international students at graduate level even get a job in the uk after completing the degree or it's just same for everyone.
I mean to know are there even slightly positive prospects for graduate employment opportunities. Or one has to do either at least a master's or PhD to get a job?
Thanks in advance.

Highly doubt you'll be discriminated against when applying solely for being international.. Though, I'm aware bigger companies would be more inclined to sponsor your visa than smaller ones.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Highly doubt you'll be discriminated against when applying solely for being international.. Though, I'm aware bigger companies would be more inclined to sponsor your visa than smaller ones.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for your reply Princepieman. But I have heard a few horror stories that even master's students can't get a job let alone me finding job as a graduate. i am just honestly concerned about employment prospects.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending