Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    There are 15 positions going. 30 people interviewed. I did really well in the interview. I was told I'd hear on Wednesday.

Tw of my friends also got interviewed. One also got told they would hear on Wednesday and the other got told the end of the month. They were interviewing until Wednesday morning.

This is for a government organisation that always let you know either way. I've always been rejected in a day or two when I've applied previously.

Wednesday came and one person who is friends with the interviewer got a call late afternoon to say she had been successful. My friend and I have heard nothing. It's now Friday.

I've never had this before.

I felt I did really well in the interview and I was hoping to be a first choice. Now I'm thinking all the successful candidates have been contacted and my friend and I will have to wait for a long time until all the successful candidates have formally accepted. Does this seem likely what has happened? We're both so anxious and stressed about this. I want this job so badly I've been in tears since Wednesday and just don't know what to do.

Should I just forget abut this job? I've not been successful have I?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mezza362)
    There are 15 positions going. 30 people interviewed. I did really well in the interview. I was told I'd hear on Wednesday.

Tw of my friends also got interviewed. One also got told they would hear on Wednesday and the other got told the end of the month. They were interviewing until Wednesday morning.

This is for a government organisation that always let you know either way. I've always been rejected in a day or two when I've applied previously.

Wednesday came and one person who is friends with the interviewer got a call late afternoon to say she had been successful. My friend and I have heard nothing. It's now Friday.

I've never had this before.

I felt I did really well in the interview and I was hoping to be a first choice. Now I'm thinking all the successful candidates have been contacted and my friend and I will have to wait for a long time until all the successful candidates have formally accepted. Does this seem likely what has happened? We're both so anxious and stressed about this. I want this job so badly I've been in tears since Wednesday and just don't know what to do.

Should I just forget abut this job? I've not been successful have I?
    How about phoning/emailing them to find out.

ReputationRep:
    A fair number of jobs I've interviewed for never even got back to me. I had to find out by emailing them. So I'd suggest doing that, at least you'll know either way then.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes there can be a delay, so if they told you they would let you know by Wednesday and you haven't heard anything, it is worth phoning them next week to see if they have made a decision about you. If you have been unsuccessful, they can give you feedback so you can improve in future interviews and applications.

ReputationRep:
    Why did you think you did really well?

It could be any situation but best is to email them and ask. I really hope it's good news for you. What kind of job is it?

ReputationRep:
    I got the job

ReputationRep:
    I got the job
    Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    I got the job
    Well there was a 1 in 2 chance right? All That worrying for nothing lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.