Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

English Literature AQA GCSE exam question prediction???? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey, not much time left until the literature exams so does anyone have any predictions on what question will come up for the following:
    -A Christmas Carol
    -Macbeth
    -An Inspector calls
    -Poetry anthology- power and conflict
    Also, is do you think it will be a theme or a character for each of them, if so which are the main themes that i should revise??
    ...Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenny Deeming)
    Hey, not much time left until the literature exams so does anyone have any predictions on what question will come up for the following:
    -A Christmas Carol
    -Macbeth
    -An Inspector calls
    Also, is do you think it will be a theme or a character for each of them, if so which are the main themes that i should revise??
    ...Thanks
    It's gonna be themes but linked to the character. I don't do a Christmas carol but for Macbeth study: power, guilt, blame, appearance. Revise mark schemes as in the AO1,2,3 to know exactly what you need to include. Sneak in some practise essays and learn some flexible quotes and you will do fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MainlyMathsHelp)
    It's gonna be themes but linked to the character. I don't do a Christmas carol but for Macbeth study: power, guilt, blame, appearance. Revise mark schemes as in the AO1,2,3 to know exactly what you need to include. Sneak in some practise essays and learn some flexible quotes and you will do fine!
    Thankyou!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing all those three books as well except for poetry we're doing love and relationships
    we did a few predictions in school
    for Macbeth: could be hallucinations, guilt, and Macbeth/Lady Macbeth/Banquo as character possibilities
    for ACC: it would never be a difficult question and the themes are always linked- either generosity, importance of family, redemption, poverty and social responsibility,
    for AIC: could be 'how does Priestley present a play of contrasts?', stuff about social class, young and old, men and women, social responsibility, and the role of the inspector

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenny Deeming)
    -A Christmas Carol
    -Macbeth
    -An Inspector calls
    ...Thanks
    for acc and macbeth it will be on either a theme or character just learn a couple of quotes for each character and you'll be fine! just remember to put an intro and a conclusion.
    for poetry it will just be a comparison of theme so learn key quotes from poems with the themes of: nature (storm on the island, prelude,) , past identity (emigree, checking out my history), inner conflict (kamikaze, tissue, poppies), stucture: voice,(checking out me history, my last duchess) reality of war (exposure, baynet charge, remains)

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.