English Literature AQA GCSE exam question prediction???? Watch

Jenny Deeming
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey, not much time left until the literature exams so does anyone have any predictions on what question will come up for the following:
-A Christmas Carol
-Macbeth
-An Inspector calls
-Poetry anthology- power and conflict
Also, is do you think it will be a theme or a character for each of them, if so which are the main themes that i should revise??
...Thanks
MainlyMathsHelp
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jenny Deeming)
Hey, not much time left until the literature exams so does anyone have any predictions on what question will come up for the following:
-A Christmas Carol
-Macbeth
-An Inspector calls
Also, is do you think it will be a theme or a character for each of them, if so which are the main themes that i should revise??
...Thanks
It's gonna be themes but linked to the character. I don't do a Christmas carol but for Macbeth study: power, guilt, blame, appearance. Revise mark schemes as in the AO1,2,3 to know exactly what you need to include. Sneak in some practise essays and learn some flexible quotes and you will do fine!
Jenny Deeming
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by MainlyMathsHelp)
It's gonna be themes but linked to the character. I don't do a Christmas carol but for Macbeth study: power, guilt, blame, appearance. Revise mark schemes as in the AO1,2,3 to know exactly what you need to include. Sneak in some practise essays and learn some flexible quotes and you will do fine!
Thankyou!!
Sakura-Sama
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm doing all those three books as well except for poetry we're doing love and relationships
we did a few predictions in school
for Macbeth: could be hallucinations, guilt, and Macbeth/Lady Macbeth/Banquo as character possibilities
for ACC: it would never be a difficult question and the themes are always linked- either generosity, importance of family, redemption, poverty and social responsibility,
for AIC: could be 'how does Priestley present a play of contrasts?', stuff about social class, young and old, men and women, social responsibility, and the role of the inspector
chloee120301
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jenny Deeming)
-A Christmas Carol
-Macbeth
-An Inspector calls
...Thanks
for acc and macbeth it will be on either a theme or character just learn a couple of quotes for each character and you'll be fine! just remember to put an intro and a conclusion.
for poetry it will just be a comparison of theme so learn key quotes from poems with the themes of: nature (storm on the island, prelude,) , past identity (emigree, checking out my history), inner conflict (kamikaze, tissue, poppies), stucture: voice,(checking out me history, my last duchess) reality of war (exposure, baynet charge, remains)
Lulu smith
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hey x so I do AIC and poetry anthology. I think for paper 1 to be on the safe side u should learn quotes for characters and language form and structure and revise the themes and context.I think for paper 1 u should do the same for whatever novel u are doing but for poetry anthology u should learn themes, structure and form , language and imagery and context and if I can voice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (34)
14.23%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.79%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
20.92%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (34)
14.23%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (29)
12.13%
How can I be the best version of myself? (71)
29.71%

Watched Threads