Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning to live in student accommodation during my third year which will be 2018-2019. The thing is me and a mate prefer to choose who we live with, so we decided to get a 2 bedroom flat or something similar. As neither of us have any experience looking at accommodation, where is the best place to look?

ReputationRep:
    I just replied to a similar thread with this message, hope it's useful!

You can look at SpareRoom. It isn't student specific although I know of students that have used it. It's people who are renting and looking for a housemate (or housemates), or someone who has a spare room in their house, or is renting out their entire house/ flat for the year etc.. You can filter the results by quite a lot different criteria - price, map location, flat mate preferences, property type etc, pets allowed, smoking/ non-smoking, which is quite handy.

It's also worth doing the search: "[Insert city name] student homes" as some universities - University of Manchester, and the University of London, for example - have websites where trusted, university vetted private landlords/ letting agents can advertise properties they have locally, including house shares.

Some major estate agents in big student cities also have areas of their websites dedicated to listing student properties, so it's worth looking those up for your area too

ReputationRep:
    Actually, that is useful, thanks . Only question is do they include water and wifi in the bills for these places?

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Universal Student Living

Universal Student Living

“All-inclusive student accommodation in prime locations across the UK.”

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.