Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

What do you think about me? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manuster)
    I haven't been here long enough to know anyone, but if this is who the OP is, then he is exactly the same as I was 5-6 years ago.

I was immature and didn't really find somewhere I belonged so resorted to blah blah what I quoted^^^
    As I said in my second post, it's not that uncommon among young people. I had these traits too. Some talk about a narcissistic phase that certain (intelligent and/or good-looking) teens live. But the OP takes it further, I assure you. His behaviours are quite extreme: most unempathetic manipulation of people (social experiments conducted recklessly), excessive sexual activity (multiple partners a day, apparently most days), an attitude with money that transcends the usual indulgences of your average spoilt upper-middle class teen... you have to read the posts yourself to grasp the scope of the matter.

Concerning him not caring about what people think, it's a more ambiguous attitude in my opinion. I'm basing this on my personal experience which might deviate from his, but you can tell me if it applied to you as well. I didn't care about their judgement, and I even liked it when they criticised me, I was happy to inspire passionate reactions and loved being insulted for money, snobbism, elitism, arrogance and pretentiousness. But I also wanted people to acknowledge those traits that I thought made me superior, though I didn't care if they considered my attitude despicable. I think Glassapple wants people to see he is rich, intelligent and handsome. At the time I didn't grasp this fully, it seemed to me as if I truly didn't care about others because of my self-confidence, but at the same time cared disproportionately about being perceived in a certain manner. I realised it when I started asking myself why I wanted to dress well. Obviously, one might say he likes to look at his reflection, and it's true, but it was also because I wanted to project a determinate image of myself. And when you project something it's for others to see. It didn't matter if they appreciated it or not, I wanted them to acknowledge it. I liked being complimented about clothes, as much as I liked being criticised for buying expensive ones. The stronger the negative reaction, the better. I wanted to be in the position to say/think "they criticise and attack me because they envy me or because I'm too much above them to be understood".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fermion.)
    I think the reason why you have no friends is your own fault and you don't seem to see that.
    You've said you dont have friends either? Maybe take some of your own advice instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fx991esplus)
    You've said you dont have friends either? Maybe take some of your own advice instead.
    Lol, the reason I don't have friends is because of my situational circumstances. This guy is just a cruel, manipulative, controlling, selfish narcissist who uses people which is the sole reason he doesn't have friends. Thanks for your input.

ReputationRep:
    Don't really care, your existence doesn't excite me.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, the reason I don't have friends is because of my situational circumstances. This guy is just a cruel, manipulative, controlling, selfish narcissist who uses people which is the sole reason he doesn't have friends. Thanks for your input.
    You're also one of the fakest people on this website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glassapple)
    As many people don't like my posts, what do you actually think about me?
    That you take people's opinions too seriously (which you shouldn't) .

ReputationRep:
    Bit of a psychopath lol. Lacking in empathy and maturity.

ReputationRep:
    You're also one of the fakest people on this website.
    Is that supposed to hurt my feelings? Idc what some troll thinks of me on an online forum. You don't even know me sweetie.

ReputationRep:
    Is that supposed to hurt my feelings? Idc what some troll thinks of me on an online forum. You don't even know me sweetie.
    I'm not a troll and i'm not here to hurt your feelings. It's just that instead of attacking another user (which you dont know either, funnily enough) maybe you should reflect on yourself and understand why no one likes you.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a troll and i'm not here to hurt your feelings. It's just that instead of attacking another user (which you dont know either, funnily enough) maybe you should reflect on yourself and understand why no one likes you.
    I know I don't know this guy, but I said "judging by your posts" if you even bothered to read what I said. And also, he asked for everybodys opinion on what people think of him and I simply answered it lmao, if he can't take the heat then he should stay out of the kitchen, and maybe you should as well

ReputationRep:
    I know I don't know this guy, but I said "judging by your posts" if you even bothered to read what I said. And also, he asked for everybodys opinion on what people think of him and I simply answered it lmao, if he can't take the heat then he should stay out of the kitchen, and maybe you should as well
    ...and judging by your posts, you're fake and need to take your own advice.

Of course, be free to share your opinion but dont get shocked when you get called out too. If you cant take the heat, you should stay out of the kitchen.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly think half your threads are complete and utter ********.

ReputationRep:
    ...and judging by your posts, you're fake and need to take your own advice.

Of course, be free to share your opinion but dont get shocked when you get called out too. If you cant take the heat, you should stay out of the kitchen.
    Okay, I'm gonna stand by my opinion and say that this guy is a bit of a psychopath, you can stand by your opinion I don't give a crap tbh. Have a nice evening, love

ReputationRep:
    Arrogant, snobby and not a nice person at all (judging by your posts on here)

ReputationRep:
    i don't know who you are, but you must be some kind of superstar.
    haha lol not really.
    i honestly don't know who you are, but you seem like an interesting character who has fun stirring stuff up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Arrogant, snobby and not a nice person at all (judging by your posts on here)
    That's all fine with me, I enjoy the envy and negativity.

(Original post by btsseokjin)
    i don't know who you are, but you must be some kind of superstar.
    haha lol not really.
    i honestly don't know who you are, but you seem like an interesting character who has fun stirring stuff up
    I do have fun stirring things and making myself feel superior to others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usualsuspects)
    As I said in my second post, it's not that uncommon among young people. I had these traits too. Some talk about a narcissistic phase that certain (intelligent and/or good-looking) teens live. But the OP takes it further, I assure you. His behaviours are quite extreme: most unempathetic manipulation of people (social experiments conducted recklessly), excessive sexual activity (multiple partners a day, apparently most days), an attitude with money that transcends the usual indulgences of your average spoilt upper-middle class teen... you have to read the posts yourself to grasp the scope of the matter.

Concerning him not caring about what people think, it's a more ambiguous attitude in my opinion. I'm basing this on my personal experience which might deviate from his, but you can tell me if it applied to you as well. I didn't care about their judgement, and I even liked it when they criticised me, I was happy to inspire passionate reactions and loved being insulted for money, snobbism, elitism, arrogance and pretentiousness. But I also wanted people to acknowledge those traits that I thought made me superior, though I didn't care if they considered my attitude despicable. I think Glassapple wants people to see he is rich, intelligent and handsome. At the time I didn't grasp this fully, it seemed to me as if I truly didn't care about others because of my self-confidence, but at the same time cared disproportionately about being perceived in a certain manner. I realised it when I started asking myself why I wanted to dress well. Obviously, one might say he likes to look at his reflection, and it's true, but it was also because I wanted to project a determinate image of myself. And when you project something it's for others to see. It didn't matter if they appreciated it or not, I wanted them to acknowledge it. I liked being complimented about clothes, as much as I liked being criticised for buying expensive ones. The stronger the negative reaction, the better. I wanted to be in the position to say/think "they criticise and attack me because they envy me or because I'm too much above them to be understood".
    yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

yesss Exactly that

In fact reading it, I felt as though I was looking back upon myself, I didn't even realise I was doing it to get people to acknowledge my preferred traits. But reading this, 100% me in the past.

And judging from just the handful of posts I've seen quoted, it seems as though this Glassapple dude is going through that 'phase' as well.

I wasn't rich and am only slightly above average looking but I do have a huge ego. I imagine if I was far richer and far better looking, I could be in Glass' shoes.

It does seem though, that for someone who seems to have 'everything', he can't find something he passionately enjoys..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glassapple)
    That's all fine with me, I enjoy the envy and negativity.

I do have fun stirring things and making myself feel superior to others.
    yea well you can make yourself feel superior if you want, but thats just not the truth.

ReputationRep:
    It does seem though, that for someone who seems to have 'everything', he can't find something he passionately enjoys..
    When you have everything it's hard to have actual passion for anything. When you don't have to earn anything, have nothing to work towards and get anything and everything you want whenever you want it, true passion doesn't arise. I enjoy reading satirical literature, collecting and playing Pokemon cards, sex, shopping, maths, physics and a few other things.

It's hard when you walk into a shop that sells something you like and you can buy it all (in my case Pokemon cards), to value any chase because the chase isn't there. Regularly I buy masses of Pokemon card packs and boxes from shops and sit in Starbucks drinking coffee opening them, putting valuable/cool/useful ones into my folders. I enjoy doing that; maybe I am passionate about it, but it's too easy, like everything else is for me.

ReputationRep:
    yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

yesss Exactly that

In fact reading it, I felt as though I was looking back upon myself, I didn't even realise I was doing it to get people to acknowledge my preferred traits. But reading this, 100% me in the past.

And judging from just the handful of posts I've seen quoted, it seems as though this Glassapple dude is going through that 'phase' as well.

I wasn't rich and am only slightly above average looking but I do have a huge ego. I imagine if I was far richer and far better looking, I could be in Glass' shoes.

:hugs:.

Yes, but his analyst doesn't seem to think it's a natural temporary issue and has diagnosed him with narcissism if I recall correctly. Money and liberal, absent parenting most have played a role. He enjoys sex I suppose!

Poll
Still A Remainer Or A Brexiteer?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.