Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

help which course should I do!? Watch

ReputationRep:
    1 5 minutes ago Report post
    Hi, im sitting my alevels at the moment but no sure which course i should do. Have got an offer for radiotherapy in jordanstown and primary teaching with english in st marys teaching college belfast. I need 3 b's for radiotherapy and a AAB for teaching. i also put english and history at queens second which requires ABB. i had an ACC at as but was hopping repeats would pull me up! My alevels are history,english and biology. I also sat chemistry at as but didnt do so well!! Still not 100% what career i should do. teaching/radiotherapy/english adn history with post grad in teaching or speech and language therapy/media (news) career/law/political career(but not politician lol!) or should i take a year out and reapply for nursing!? So sorry i know this is alot but really not sure what to do!!!!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sm12335)
    First off, please write with punctuation, grammar and capitalisation so people can understand what you've written. Rushing into a degree choice is not a good idea as you will spend a lot of time and money studying a subject you may not enjoy. First, pick your A levels and do so with an open mind bearing in mind what you enjoy and what you're good at. Take some time to gain some work experience and work out what you're interested in and then pick a degree course. With subjects like politics and English you can do anything you want career wise after using relevant transferable skills but with things like teachign and radiography you can still do other things but you need specific qualifications so you need to think about this very carefully.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.