Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    what are some hobbies for creative people??? that are not drawing, painting, embroidery and calligraphy

I'm bored out of my mind!! :/

ReputationRep:
    Photography is a nice one, anyone with a phone camera / camera can do it, or you could make a video. Also, creative writing is very fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mango_es)
    what are some hobbies for creative people??? that are not drawing, painting, embroidery and calligraphy

I'm bored out of my mind!! :/
    Woodcarving with an axe or a knife (aka whittling)

Pottery

Electronics

I personally do the first two and am going to get into the third by making a drone this Summer.

ReputationRep:
    I design rockets. Like, I use a lot of the reference material and equations from This Site, and build my own science-fictional world/ stories based around them.

Maybe not necessarily Hard Sci-Fi, but Worldbuilding is a fun hobby that allows you to combine reading of topics you're interested in with creative writing and whatever else you choose to include. Could be medieval. could be scifi, whatever suits your fancy. I find myself often looking into real-world astrophysics, reading about ways we could colonise and industrialise the Moon, Mars, Asteroids and Giants so I just naturally found myself working up plots and whatnot based around Phosphorous shortages on Callisto or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulina.sophia)
    Photography is a nice one, anyone with a phone camera / camera can do it, or you could make a video. Also, creative writing is very fun
    oh yes forgot about photography! I'll try that gives me an excuse to go somewhere scenic too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SerbiaStrong)
    Woodcarving with an axe or a knife (aka whittling)

Pottery

Electronics

I personally do the first two and am going to get into the third by making a drone this Summer.
    wow good luck making the drone :O might try pottery!, did you go for a class for that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IAmCalledJacob)
    I design rockets. Like, I use a lot of the reference material and equations from This Site, and build my own science-fictional world/ stories based around them.

Maybe not necessarily Hard Sci-Fi, but Worldbuilding is a fun hobby that allows you to combine reading of topics you're interested in with creative writing and whatever else you choose to include. Could be medieval. could be scifi, whatever suits your fancy. I find myself often looking into real-world astrophysics, reading about ways we could colonise and industrialise the Moon, Mars, Asteroids and Giants so I just naturally found myself working up plots and whatnot based around Phosphorous shortages on Callisto or something.
    I'll look into that! seems cool though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mango_es)
    wow good luck making the drone :O might try pottery!, did you go for a class for that?
    Yeah I go to a class, which is useful especially if you are just starting out. Also, you need access to a kiln, which a class would provide. I'd definitely recommend at least giving it a go, feels good to eat off of pottery I made.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.