The Student Room Group

How much does IYGB papers help for a level maths?

Did it help you in the real exams?
Original post by MajorFader

Yes and no. I guess it shouldn't be used as a benchmark for what may appear on an exam however the prospect of having questions you've never seen before is rather helpful considering that most people come out of an exam finding at least one question hard. I'd recommend the actual past papers followed by solomons followed by all the edexcel practice papers and then iygb.

Well you should first do the actual papers, including international papers too imo. Then id recommend that you do the solomon/IYGB papers as theyre a slightly different style.

If you manage to get to do IYGB, then that'd be great as its challenging and really stretches you to make sure you know the topics in depth.
Reply 3
Original post by techcloud14
Yes and no. I guess it shouldn't be used as a benchmark for what may appear on an exam however the prospect of having questions you've never seen before is rather helpful considering that most people come out of an exam finding at least one question hard. I'd recommend the actual past papers followed by solomons followed by all the edexcel practice papers and then iygb.

I am on AQA and I have done all of the past papers for C2 and most of the Solomon papers.
I am on AQA and I have done all of the past papers for C2 and most of the Solomon papers.

then I'd say go for IYGB then.

also on aqa. i did every single paper i could find for c1 : iygb, solomon, actual past papers, papers written by my teachers...

and they didn't help me at all for that c1 exam. i'm still mad about it.
Reply 6
Original post by imundercover
also on aqa. i did every single paper i could find for c1 : iygb, solomon, actual past papers, papers written by my teachers...

and they didn't help me at all for that c1 exam. i'm still mad about it.

I feel like I have gotten between 55-60 on c1 which is probably a B...

What about you?
I feel like I have gotten between 55-60 on c1 which is probably a B...

What about you?

same as you! worked out I've got around 56-64 but 64 is including method marks which i probably won't get:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:, so i'm betting i get a B too - reckon 61 will be needed for an A

Quick Reply

Latest