Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Today in my school there was rumar which freaked alot of people out becasue apparently you cannot resit your A levels after 2017. i am talking about A2 not AS.
    could anybody address this exspeccially for A level maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mnak)
    Today in my school there was rumar which freaked alot of people out becasue apparently you cannot resit your A levels after 2017. i am talking about A2 not AS.
    I know of people re sitting A2 exams however they are taking the course again, meaning theyve already got their grade in subject X however they are taking all the lessons again and the exams.

Im not sure about after 2017. I would have thought that you still could.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Max12121)
    I know of people re sitting A2 exams however they are taking the course again, meaning theyve already got their grade in subject X however they are taking all the lessons again and the exams.

Im not sure about after 2017. I would have thought that you still could.
    I heard who ever fails there exams( well what i heard for A2 math) they can never resit again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mnak)
    It is true that many A level specifications have already migrated to a newer style, with those that have not being rolled out from September 2017.

However, to my knowledge, the legacy specifications' exams will have at least one resit opportunity for each module.

For example, the WJEC A2 level maths specification is retiring in 2018 and will be replaced by the new A2 (AS will be replaced in 2017).

Consider those who have already been entered for Core 4 before and failed in Summer 2017. They will have a resit opportunity in Summer 2018, but this paper will not be available to those who have not been entered for it before. ie: those following the new spec.

Rest assured you won't really be disadvantaged by it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PedanticStudent)
    It is true that many A level specifications have already migrated to a newer style, with those that have not being rolled out from September 2017.

However, to my knowledge, the legacy specifications' exams will have at least one resit opportunity for each module.

For example, the WJEC A2 level maths specification is retiring in 2018 and will be replaced by the new A2 (AS will be replaced in 2017).

Consider those who have already been entered for Core 4 before and failed in Summer 2017. They will have a resit opportunity in Summer 2018, but this paper will not be available to those who have not been entered for it before. ie: those following the new spec.

Rest assured you won't really be disadvantaged by it.
    So basically your trying to say the A2 modules such as C3 and C4 you can resit in the summer of 2018

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mnak)
    So basically your trying to say the A2 modules such as C3 and C4 you can resit in the summer of 2018
    Correct - and I believe that C1 and C2 etc you will be able to as well owing to the fact that some people do all of maths in a single year, though I am not certain about the latter.

ReputationRep:
    im
    Correct - and I believe that C1 and C2 etc you will be able to as well owing to the fact that some people do all of maths in a single year, though I am not certain about the latter.
    im doing AS and A2 this year at the same time, would i be able to resit because i hear i wont be able to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mnak)
    im

im doing AS and A2 this year at the same time, would i be able to resit because i hear i wont be able to
    99% sure yeah.

ReputationRep:
    99% sure yeah.
    well thats reasuring. thanks- but still i better find out myself becasue most of th schools are changing and it might be that my school is changing and thats why i heard it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mnak)
    well thats reasuring. thanks- but still i better find out myself becasue most of th schools are changing and it might be that my school is changing and thats why i heard it.
    It will be down to the exam board, not your school.

What are you doing? AQA, WJEC, Edexcel, OCR?

ReputationRep:
    It will be down to the exam board, not your school.

What are you doing? AQA, WJEC, Edexcel, OCR?
    for math my exam board is EDEXCEL

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.