Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Getting failed for plagiarism Watch

ReputationRep:
    In my computer science coursework I was told I was allowed to copy and paste definitions from google, and listed a couple of sources at the top but i am not sure that it was all of them, with my teachers not even telling us we needed sources but I had read that somewhere myself just before we had to submit it and decided to put a couple in.

Now mine is being moderated😟, will they fail me???

(Original post by Student1423)
    In my computer science coursework I was told I was allowed to copy and paste definitions from google, and listed a couple of sources at the top but i am not sure that it was all of them, with my teachers not even telling us we needed sources but I had read that somewhere myself just before we had to submit it and decided to put a couple in.

hard to tell tbh as we dont know what youve done.

If they are standard and uncontroversial that everyone knows, then no problem, but if they are more extensive then they might decide its too much and penalise you.

You arent meant to just cut and paste from google and you are meant to have signed a form stating its all your own work.

ReputationRep:
    You won't, unless you have copied your analysis off the internet, definitions need to be precise hence it's not frowned upon if you copy and paste only basic definitions. Next time just don't be lazy :P

ReputationRep:
    Yes it was not any analysis off the internet, just definitions, thanks, i feel a bit better now

ReputationRep:
    im sure it will be fine, if it was javascript then it was meant to be a research project so you were meant to show your reserach from the internet to explain how you developed your code

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student1423)

I'm sure You'll be fine but next time you do an assessment make sure anything you copy word for word online put it in quotation marks, In italics and say that it is copied like this:

"(Thing you copied and pasted)" -Quote-(Website you got it from)

Poll
Still A Remainer Or A Brexiteer?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.