Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Guys i have to two questions.

1.) firstly if i bracketed part of my answer will it be marked

2.) secondly if i did some wrong working out around the page but wrote my( correct) answer in the space provided(it was a number) and i wrote it on the line given will it be awarded

a reply will be much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    If you crossed the answer and wrote the correct answer they will mark it, even if you crossed your answer out it would be marked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student123.456)

2.) secondly if i did some wrong working out around the page but wrote my( correct) answer in the space provided(it was a number) and i wrote it on the line given will it be awarded

1. Yes
    2. Yes

Why in earth do you think the mark wouldn't be awarded if you wrote the correct answer in the space provided for it?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much guys. I just thought that they wouldn't because the page was a bit of a mess as i had working out all over the place(some of it being wrong)

ReputationRep:

Was the exam a maths exam? I'm assuming it is. I've been reading through marking schemes recently, most questions you get 1 mark for the correct answer, despite what the workings say, and to be awarded the other marks, you need to show correct workings. It doesn't matter if there are incorrect workings also, but as long as they see certain things in your answer, then you get marks for them. Also, it doesn't matter if it's bracketed, everything written will be taken into account

You sometimes get marks for workings even if the calculations are wrong, but the method is correct. The only times I've seen it say "only give mark if working is shown" for the answer, are for questions like circle theorems or some multiple choice, because they want you to prove that you actually understand the concept, and not just guessing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AaronNaughton)
    Was the exam a maths exam? I'm assuming it is. I've been reading through marking schemes recently, most questions you get 1 mark for the correct answer, despite what the workings say, and to be awarded the other marks, you need to show correct workings. It doesn't matter if there are incorrect workings also, but as long as they see certain things in your answer, then you get marks for them. Also, it doesn't matter if it's bracketed, everything written will be taken into account

You sometimes get marks for workings even if the calculations are wrong, but the method is correct. The only times I've seen it say "only give mark if working is shown" for the answer, are for questions like circle theorems or some multiple choice, because they want you to prove that you actually understand the concept, and not just guessing
    Hi thanks for your reply However This was for my biology exam will what u have said still apply to it

ReputationRep:
    Hi thanks for your reply However This was for my biology exam will what u have said still apply to it
    Having marked Biology scripts, I can assure you that if the answer appears and is correct (or the marking points are made in the answer) you will be awarded the marks - answers often can be a bit of a mess and markers are used to careful reading.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    Having marked Biology scripts, I can assure you that if the answer appears and is correct (or the marking points are made in the answer) you will be awarded the marks - answers often can be a bit of a mess and markers are used to careful reading.
    Thanks so much for the reassurance

ReputationRep:
    I imagine so, however, I've never gone through a biology mark scheme before.
    First of all, don't stress about it now. You've done the exam and it's finished, going over every detail and worrying won't change the mark, leave it in the past and try to not stress about it (easier said than done) and try to not think about it until results day

If it will give you peace of mind, Google past paper mark schemes [insert exam board here].
    I don't know about various exam boards, but I know AQA has past papers, mark schemes and examiner's reports. Click HERE for the biology ones. Have a read through one or two and see what the standard tends to be Remember that every exam board is different in the way they mark

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much for the reassurance
    You're welcome - don't worry that the answer was a bit of a mess or a bit choppy - so long as the correct answer appears, you will be awarded the marks, no question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AaronNaughton)
    I imagine so, however, I've never gone through a biology mark scheme before.
    First of all, don't stress about it now. You've done the exam and it's finished, going over every detail and worrying won't change the mark, leave it in the past and try to not stress about it (easier said than done) and try to not think about it until results day

If it will give you peace of mind, Google past paper mark schemes [insert exam board here].
    I don't know about various exam boards, but I know AQA has past papers, mark schemes and examiner's reports. Click HERE for the biology ones. Have a read through one or two and see what the standard tends to be Remember that every exam board is different in the way they mark
    Thanks for your help

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.