Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Will the EDL be travelling to the 2018 Russian World Cup? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they should take the Russians up on their offer? It's an easy way to remove the EDL from civilised society :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by David Camerooon)
    The Russian hooligans have warned that they will beat english fans to death if they dare to visit Russia; so will the mighty 'english defence league' be heading to Russia to meet their match or stay at home like cowards?

Oh noes! The Russians have snipers!

ReputationRep:
    Well they have to live up to their slogan "No Surrender" right?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I hope they take Tommy Robinson with them too.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    As this thread refers to football, I have moved this one to the football forum.

By the way what does EDL mean? I have really no idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)

EDL = English Defence League. They're a far right, street movement.

ReputationRep:

It's also pretty old, so no need to revive it

Urgh, I think the original poster has been banned, so the TSR algorithm made me the OP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Count Bezukhov)
    It's also pretty old, so no need to revive it

Urgh, I think the original poster has been banned, so the TSR algorithm made me the OP
    I was unsure of what the point of the thread was, so this makes sense now, as does your post.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Optimist)
    EDL = English Defence League. They're a far right, street movement.
    Thank you. My knowledge gap is closed now.

This was it worth to revive this quite old thread.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. My knowledge gap is closed now.

This was it worth to revive this quite old thread.
    You're welcome. Though I would say, groups such as EDL are indeed a waste of knowledge.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Optimist)
    You're welcome. Though I would say, groups such as EDL are indeed a waste of knowledge.
    Just because it is a crowd of extremist people? they exist everywhere. To prevent to join for yourself, it is not a waste to know in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Tommy will be there I'm sure but may need to work on his ******** himself routine when confronted

ReputationRep:
    Tommy isn't even part of the EDL. He's now an investigative journalist for The Rebel.

ReputationRep:
    Investigative journalist and Tommy Robinson - words that don't belong together in a sentence.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: July 11, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.