Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Will the EDL be travelling to the 2018 Russian World Cup? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they should take the Russians up on their offer? It's an easy way to remove the EDL from civilised society :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by David Camerooon)
    The Russian hooligans have warned that they will beat english fans to death if they dare to visit Russia; so will the mighty 'english defence league' be heading to Russia to meet their match or stay at home like cowards?

Oh noes! The Russians have snipers!

ReputationRep:
    Well they have to live up to their slogan "No Surrender" right?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I hope they take Tommy Robinson with them too.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    As this thread refers to football, I have moved this one to the football forum.

By the way what does EDL mean? I have really no idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)

EDL = English Defence League. They're a far right, street movement.

ReputationRep:

It's also pretty old, so no need to revive it

Urgh, I think the original poster has been banned, so the TSR algorithm made me the OP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Count Bezukhov)
    It's also pretty old, so no need to revive it

Urgh, I think the original poster has been banned, so the TSR algorithm made me the OP
    I was unsure of what the point of the thread was, so this makes sense now, as does your post.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Optimist)
    EDL = English Defence League. They're a far right, street movement.
    Thank you. My knowledge gap is closed now.

This was it worth to revive this quite old thread.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. My knowledge gap is closed now.

This was it worth to revive this quite old thread.
    You're welcome. Though I would say, groups such as EDL are indeed a waste of knowledge.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Optimist)
    You're welcome. Though I would say, groups such as EDL are indeed a waste of knowledge.
    Just because it is a crowd of extremist people? they exist everywhere. To prevent to join for yourself, it is not a waste to know in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Tommy will be there I'm sure but may need to work on his ******** himself routine when confronted

ReputationRep:
    Tommy isn't even part of the EDL. He's now an investigative journalist for The Rebel.

ReputationRep:
    Investigative journalist and Tommy Robinson - words that don't belong together in a sentence.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 11, 2017
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.