Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

My question is regarding my proof of results. I have received an unconditional from UCL for Physics because I completed my exams two years ago. They are obviously going to confirm my qualifications, which is why I'm confused. I have lost my original certificates, however, I still have photos and scans of them because I applied last year too.
    My question is this, will I be required to present original copies on enrolment or upload scans via the portal? I am obviously going to order new certificates in the future for work purposes but I can't really afford them now which is why I was wondering if an upload to the portal is fine, since City only requires an upload.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanDevro1990)
    Hey guys!

My question is regarding my proof of results. I have received an unconditional from UCL for Physics because I completed my exams two years ago. They are obviously going to confirm my qualifications, which is why I'm confused. I have lost my original certificates, however, I still have photos and scans of them because I applied last year too.
    My question is this, will I be required to present original copies on enrolment or upload scans via the portal? I am obviously going to order new certificates in the future for work purposes but I can't really afford them now which is why I was wondering if an upload to the portal is fine, since City only requires an upload.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you.
    This is a very common question.

Although it's impossible to say definitively what the uni will want to see on enrolment, it is very common for them to need sight of original certificates. You need to check with UCL for their exact requirements, but I would proceed on the basis that you will need the original certificates.

You cannot obtain copies of public exam certificates - these do not exist except in a couple of rare circumstances. You are, however, able to get a 'certified statement of results' which stands in lieu of the certificates. You would need to get one statement from each exam board from which you have received qualifications. They are about £45 a throw, and you can order them via the exam board websites. But first find out if you are actually going to definitely need them or not!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.