Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Still get scared at night Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steljoy)
    Not really, I find darkness rather relaxing
    Same! Although tbh there's nothing more relaxing than a dim warm light while it's dark
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gabriellakhan)
    Anyone else get scared after switching room light off and getting into bed? I'm one big baby
    You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you, because they belong to me.

ReputationRep:
    The western world produces such snowflakes

ReputationRep:
    I was scared of the dark when I was a kid and forced myself to walk slowly after turning the lights off. Eventually overcame my fear and now I can't sleep unless its pitch black.

Just think logically and slowly expose yourself to your fears. Being afraid of the dark isn't really a big deal. I just did it because it was a waste of electricity to keep the lights on while I slept...

ReputationRep:
    Can't sleep in the dark ever. Terrified of the dark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seamus123)
    Can't sleep in the dark ever. Terrified of the dark.
    Aren't you like 70 years old?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jirga)
    Aren't you like 70 years old?
    I'm 69. Iwas brought up in care and we used or sleep in these big dormitories and one of the nuns used to come round in the middle of the night and if you didn't have your arms folded across your chest, she suspected us of doing something to yourself so you'd be dragged out of bed by the hair and taken down to the crypt undrt the chapel and left in there in the dark with the dead nuns. Never got over it. I have PTSD because of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seamus123)
    I'm 69. Iwas brought up in care and we used or sleep in these big dormitories and one of the nuns used to come round in the middle of the night and if you didn't have your arms folded across your chest, she suspected us of doing something to yourself so you'd be dragged out of bed by the hair and taken down to the crypt undrt the chapel and left in there in the dark with the dead nuns. Never got over it. I have PTSD because of it.
    The first part is hilarious.

The second part is serious child abuse. Was this in the UK? Hard to imagine anything like that in this country, though I guess the 1950s were a different era
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else get scared after switching room light off and getting into bed? I'm one big baby
    Yes, me too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jirga)
    The first part is hilarious.

The second part is serious child abuse. Was this in the UK? Hard to imagine anything like that in this country, though I guess the 1950s were a different era
    Yes, in this country, and in Ireland - all over the world in fact. Christian Brothers and several orders of nuns. From about the 1930s onwards but my research on my book is showing up even earlier than the 1930s. Church and State combined.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Wow how??? I always think about dying for some reason....darkness reminds me of death
    I should be asking you 'how?'. Night times have to be the best part of my day
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    Same! Although tbh there's nothing more relaxing than a dim warm light while it's dark
    Well said dude :yep: :yy:

ReputationRep:
    same, I sleep with the door open and the light on outside.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get that scared of the dark.
    In fact, I'm in my element: black like my soul.
    (Unless I KNOW there's a huge ass spider somewhere but I can't see it anymore, in which case I'm crying in the corner)

ReputationRep:
    I'm more scared having to walk 15 minutes to a bus stop past 4am to get to work than sleeping in darkness

ReputationRep:
    Smh at you big babies.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not anymore Used to always need my lamp on otherwise I would get really uncomfortable However, now I've moved past that and now I'm fine with sleeping in complete darkness :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    a few weeks ago I was trying to sleep and I could hear these weird noises. I turned on the light twice just to reassure myself and went back to bed. I hear the constant noises again and I know somethings not right (I thought it was a ghost at this time). A few minutes later I hear something coming up the side of my bed and I jumped the **** out of my bed and turned the light on. I stare at the corner behind my bed and guess what? a ****ing mouse comes out, looks me in the eye and runs back under my bed.

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.