Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

What is the text book value for the activation energy for this reaction? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

I can't seem to find the text book value for the activation energy anywhere! The reaction is a rates reaction with sodium thiosulphate and hydrochloric acid.

Thanks in advance
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kabis042)
    Hi guys!

I can't seem to find the text book value for the activation energy anywhere! The reaction is a rates reaction with sodium thiosulphate and hydrochloric acid.

Thanks in advance
    Go to google.

Type in your question.

Read the answer.

Tough huh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charco)
    Go to google.

Type in your question.

Read the answer.

Tough huh?
    Hi, thanks for your suggestion. I have already tried that and I've looked into various books. I asked this question to see if anyone else has researched something similar.

Quick tip: if you haven't an informative answer to a question, don't answer it. TSR is supposed to be a helpful site and frankly your answer wasn't helpful.

But thanks anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, thanks for your suggestion. I have already tried that and I've looked into various books. I asked this question to see if anyone else has researched something similar.

Quick tip: if you haven't an informative answer to a question, don't answer it. TSR is supposed to be a helpful site and frankly your answer wasn't helpful.

But thanks anyway.
    All I found was this:

https://uwaterloo.ca/chemed2013/site...0acid_rate.pdf

Dunno if it's what you're looking for. States activation energy is 47KJ mol (assuming it's for the reaction, I haven't read through it).
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:

But thanks anyway.
    I entered "activation energy sodium thiosulfate and acid" and the value was given in the first two links (I didn't look any further).

Quick tip: If you aren't capable of doing a simple internet search, learn how to.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.