Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

What is the text book value for the activation energy for this reaction? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

I can't seem to find the text book value for the activation energy anywhere! The reaction is a rates reaction with sodium thiosulphate and hydrochloric acid.

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kabis042)
    Hi guys!

I can't seem to find the text book value for the activation energy anywhere! The reaction is a rates reaction with sodium thiosulphate and hydrochloric acid.

Thanks in advance
    Go to google.

Type in your question.

Read the answer.

Tough huh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charco)
    Go to google.

Type in your question.

Read the answer.

Tough huh?
    Hi, thanks for your suggestion. I have already tried that and I've looked into various books. I asked this question to see if anyone else has researched something similar.

Quick tip: if you haven't an informative answer to a question, don't answer it. TSR is supposed to be a helpful site and frankly your answer wasn't helpful.

But thanks anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, thanks for your suggestion. I have already tried that and I've looked into various books. I asked this question to see if anyone else has researched something similar.

Quick tip: if you haven't an informative answer to a question, don't answer it. TSR is supposed to be a helpful site and frankly your answer wasn't helpful.

But thanks anyway.
    All I found was this:

https://uwaterloo.ca/chemed2013/site...0acid_rate.pdf

Dunno if it's what you're looking for. States activation energy is 47KJ mol (assuming it's for the reaction, I haven't read through it).

ReputationRep:

But thanks anyway.
    I entered "activation energy sodium thiosulfate and acid" and the value was given in the first two links (I didn't look any further).

Quick tip: If you aren't capable of doing a simple internet search, learn how to.

Poll
Do you enjoy your job?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.