The Student Room Group

Question about A level Maths

So i'm starting my A levels next year, and two of the subjects that I'm taking are AQA maths and further maths.

So i was wondering if you do the whole spec of maths in the first year and the whole spec of further maths in the second, or are there like twice more hours per week or what? :smile:

If it depends on the school then ok 👌

thanks
Original post by Queenie123
So i'm starting my A levels next year, and two of the subjects that I'm taking are AQA maths and further maths.

So i was wondering if you do the whole spec of maths in the first year and the whole spec of further maths in the second, or are there like twice more hours per week or what? :smile:

thanks

I've found that it depends on the school as I applied to two colleges and they both did it different ways :smile:
Depends on the school. Mine does C1 C2 S1 S2 FP1 D1 in first year,and C3 C4 M1 M2 FP2 D2 in second year.

I dont do further maths, only do maths :tongue:

1 tip: start revising from day one :cry:
Reply 3
Original post by Queenie123

thanks

From what I know, Math's is going linear from next year onwards. So you'd be doing all your exams at the end of the two years. However, I do also think it depends on your sixth form/ college :smile:

Good luck!
Reply 4

Quick Reply

Latest