The Student Room Group

Struggling to do my work and teacher expects so much.

So, I am currently doing an ICT level 3 extended diploma and I can't lie, I am struggling with the work. I only have 5 weeks left, but it that 5 week I will have close to 6 pieces of coursework which I Think is a bit unfair and it just adds to the coursework I am already behind it, I just struggle to do work at home, I always sit at My computer and look at my screen for about 30 or so minutes not knowong what to do and then I just give up, is very Annoying when I try to get work done. What doesn't help is how my tutor expects me to get distinctions, she always gets angry when when I say I just want to pass as I really just want to pass my course and thats it, its not as though I am goinf university so I dont really need ucass points. In the end everything adds up making feel miserable everyday at college, anyone have advice?
Original post by cbaforcba
So, I am currently doing an ICT level 3 extended diploma and I can't lie, I am struggling with the work. I only have 5 weeks left, but it that 5 week I will have close to 6 pieces of coursework which I Think is a bit unfair and it just adds to the coursework I am already behind it, I just struggle to do work at home, I always sit at My computer and look at my screen for about 30 or so minutes not knowong what to do and then I just give up, is very Annoying when I try to get work done. What doesn't help is how my tutor expects me to get distinctions, she always gets angry when when I say I just want to pass as I really just want to pass my course and thats it, its not as though I am goinf university so I dont really need ucass points. In the end everything adds up making feel miserable everyday at college, anyone have advice?

If you're feeling this bad, you need to talk to someone and tell your tutor your situation. They cannot help you if they do not know how you feel. Talk to them and see what they say :h:

I was in that position last year when I was on BTEC IT. It got so bad that it impacted my mental health to the point where I couldn't see straight so I chose to walk away. As the user above me suggested, speak to your tutor about this. If that doesn't help, speak to the head of department. And if those don't work, I suggest you walk away. You shouldn't be made to feel uncomfortable like that.

In my case, I took a year out (still on that break) and it really helped. I'm going back to do an Access Course in September so with that, I hope to get into University. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by BritishBookworm
I was in that position last year when I was on BTEC IT. It got so bad that it impacted my mental health to the point where I couldn't see straight so I chose to walk away. As the user above me suggested, speak to your tutor about this. If that doesn't help, speak to the head of department. And if those don't work, I suggest you walk away. You shouldn't be made to feel uncomfortable like that.

In my case, I took a year out (still on that break) and it really helped. I'm going back to do an Access Course in September so with that, I hope to get into University. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I completed the year and managed to get all the work done, I do appreciate this alot though, you're a very kind person!
Well I completed the year and managed to get all the work done, I do appreciate this alot though, you're a very kind person!

Why do an IT course if your not motivated to do the work? Why get a pass which is equivalent to a E at a level and looks terrible to employers? I just don't understand why you would not do something your passionate about that makes you excited to get up in the morning

Thank you, that means a lot and congratulations on completing the year. :smile:
Original post by John10101
Why do an IT course if your not motivated to do the work? Why get a pass which is equivalent to a E at a level and looks terrible to employers? I just don't understand why you would not do something your passionate about that makes you excited to get up in the morning

Regarding my experience, I WAS passionate about doing IT. I won an award at school for it. Unfortunately, I ended up being put into a group of students who ended up bullying me and after reporting it and struggling with mental health, lost the motivation to stay into second year. By this point, I knew my health came first so I took a year out. Otherwise, I would have struggled to finish the full two years. I'm actually happy that I did come out with a pass, it showed that I could accomplish something despite the circumstances I was under. I don't think the pass is going to look terrible at all, it would have been a different story let's say if I left after a few weeks with nothing then that would be disastrous.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending