Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I want to see my unit 2 geog paper, not for a remark, but simply so I can see where I went wrong to help me for when I retake it to increase my overall marks at A2. I will be cashing in my AS grade, so the retake will only count towards my A2 grade. Is this possible?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    I want to see my unit 2 geog paper, not for a remark, but simply so I can see where I went wrong to help me for when I retake it to increase my overall marks at A2. I will be cashing in my AS grade, so the retake will only count towards my A2 grade. Is this possible?
    Yes, no problem, but it might take some time (exam boards are notoriously slow at this). So, if I were you, I would put your request in writing to the exams secretary asap at the start of term.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geogger)
    Yes, no problem, but it might take some time (exam boards are notoriously slow at this). So, if I were you, I would put your request in writing to the exams secretary asap at the start of term.
    Is that the exam secretary in my school, or the board :confused: How does the process work?

ReputationRep:
    ive got two history scripts back in the past...i went straight to the exams office and they sent it off (theres normally a time limit for you to request papers)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlord)
    ive got two history scripts back in the past...i went straight to the exams office and they sent it off (theres normally a time limit for you to request papers)
    Is that the exam office of AQA/Edexcel etc?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Is that the exam secretary in my school, or the board :confused: How does the process work?
    Your school should have an Examinations Officer/Secretary - the person who deals with the exam boards and entries etc. This is the person who will be sending round notes about whether people wish to unclaim their AS grades etc.
    This is the person you need to get hold of. Put your request in writing with Exam name eg Edexcel Module 2 Geography Syllabus B, your Name and candidate number and a note to say that you are willing to pay the required fee (not sure how much it will be). Then find this Exams Officer personally and put the nice large piece of paper on which you have put this info, into their hands. It needs to be large (and possibly coloured) as they will have so many bits of paper at this time of year, things easily get pushed to the bottom of a pile if they are insignificant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geogger)
    Your school should have an Examinations Officer/Secretary - the person who deals with the exam boards and entries etc. This is the person who will be sending round notes about whether people wish to unclaim their AS grades etc.
    This is the person you need to get hold of. Put your request in writing with Exam name eg Edexcel Module 2 Geography Syllabus B, your Name and candidate number and a note to say that you are willing to pay the required fee (not sure how much it will be). Then find this Exams Officer personally and put the nice large piece of paper on which you have put this info, into their hands. (It needs to be large - and possibly coloured) as they will have so many bits of paper at this time of year, things easily get pushed to the bottom of a pile if they are insignificant.

It's about £12 per paper...

Personally it can be useful. My school never asked for any money in the end.

ReputationRep:
    I dont know about that actully,thanx for ginving me an idea,or maybe you can buy geog 2004 pastpaper,and compare the answers with what you know,maybe you could figure what you've done wrong-------->just a suggestion

ReputationRep:
    Go into your college/school this week and request them, by start of next term the deadline may end I believe.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by habosh)
    I dont know about that actully,thanx for ginving me an idea,or maybe you can buy geog 2004 pastpaper,and compare the answers with what you know,maybe you could figure what you've done wrong-------->just a suggestion
    Your teachers will be given the mark scheme and, later on, the examiner's comments. Both of these would be useful to look if they would be willing to do so. I do the Edexcel B A level, so might be able to help with that syllabus, but not any others I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    When does the overall examiner's report (the ones which I can download off the AQA site) come out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    Those are absolutely hilarious, the person(s) who write those must be legends I swear.

I read a Physics one from a few years ago, and it was absolutely hilarious.

For one part, it said something like:

"We've now introduced a 2 mark section for the Quality of Written Communication in answers to written sections. We feel that it is important to assess this in Physics, and it doesn't take too much to gain 2/2 marks. You know, using full stops in the right place sometimes, remotely reasonable spelling, and the odd comma in the right place here and there. It isn't asking for too much."

ROFL, quality.
    Maybe so. In AQA English Lit though, they are like golddust. Reading the AOs and the examiner's report is a lot more useful than doing a multitude of past papers, IMO.

ReputationRep:
    How come they charge £12 for somethign that you have written? rofl they charge you for the work you have done because the marking is paid by the school etc etc. It seems odd.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.