Turn on thread page Beta

How many press-ups can you do in one go? watch

ReputationRep:
    None. I am weak

I can do those women's press-ups things though, but they're clearly rubbish!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    None. I am weak

I can do those women's press-ups things though, but they're clearly rubbish!
    Doesn't matter

ReputationRep:
    I hate push ups,i'll never learn to do them,my hands are weak they cant carry me

ReputationRep:
    25! damn you feeble arms! damn you to hell! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    too many

ReputationRep:
    I just did 40 yesterday. Yay, i'm getting fitter.

ReputationRep:
    i can do about 7. then i collapse from lack of fitness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    i can do about 7. then i collapse from lack of fitness
    keep working at it (if you want to)

ReputationRep:
    Well to be honest I either have to do one-handed pushups (because I really do have one hand, for those who didn't know ) and I can't do many of them. 10 at the most.

My alternative is to do like .. half situps like with my legs on a chair. That's so much easier I can easily do 100 of them. I wear a prosthesis on my other arm to compensate. I don't know how much good it actually does, though.

ReputationRep:
    I can do only TWO It's pathetic really, but I'm really weak.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    Well to be honest I either have to do one-handed pushups (because I really do have one hand, for those who didn't know ) and I can't do many of them. 10 at the most.

My alternative is to do like .. half situps like with my legs on a chair. That's so much easier I can easily do 100 of them. I wear a prosthesis on my other arm to compensate. I don't know how much good it actually does, though.
    I don't mean to intrude, but how come you only have one arm? Is it because of an accident or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    I used dumb bells for about 1-2 weeks and I found I could do more.
    Don't immediately try and push yourself into doing high numbers of press ups otherwise you'll pull muscles and you won't be able to do any (properly) for about 1 week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    I don't mean to intrude, but how come you only have one arm? Is it because of an accident or something?
    Nah, I was just born like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    i have very little upper arm strength which is why i can't do that many. i guess if i did work at it i'd improve, but as it relates to exercise i generally avoid it like the plague

ReputationRep:
    Over 100... not that im at all physically fit... i just have really strong arms from working over the summer.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone do finger pressups ?

I can manage 15 before my fingers feel like they are going to pop out of thier joints.

ReputationRep:
    My bf said it was 150 the last time he tried. the last time he tried he was in the army so....

:confused:

He can do press ups with me sitting on him though

ReputationRep:
    Phenom, i can do finger pushups and still do them thats explains why i am so fast at typing.

ReputationRep:
    30 is my largest amount in one go.

ReputationRep:
    about 3...lol

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.