Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    According to a timetable I found on the philosophy departments website, lectures don't start until Monday 4th of October Freshers fortnight, oh yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caer)
    According to a timetable I found on the philosophy departments website, lectures don't start until Monday 4th of October Freshers fortnight, oh yeah
    My sister has friend who is going to Kings in September, and she seemed to think there is a "Freshers Fortnight" as well. Maybe we have double the fun to look forward too!!!!

ReputationRep:
    hehe, it has always been Freshers Fortnight at Kings!!

You have the benefits of both the Guys and Strand Campus freshers events which often compete with each other, as well as Halls events too!

Make sure you gatecrash Hampstead and KCH etc events if you have nothing else planned for the night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LondonCynic)

Make sure you gatecrash Hampstead and KCH etc events if you have nothing else planned for the night
    :word:

KCH is pretty wicked socially. Make sure you go to the badge party at the strand, and also anything to do with law freshers' is good... Café de Paris last year was awesome. :cool:

http://thebes.kclsu.org/gallery/view...es&id=res28016
    BTW, this is my best mate Oli! ^

http://thebes.kclsu.org/gallery/view...es&id=IMG_0057
    Javier on the left and Izzy on the right!

LOL, the badge party was probably one of my fave freshers events.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dazmanultra)
    :word:

KCH is pretty wicked socially. Make sure you go to the badge party at the strand, and also anything to do with law freshers' is good... Café de Paris last year was awesome. :cool:
    Do law students get their own freshers activities as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    Do law students get their own freshers activities as well?
    Yep, there was a law freshers thing at the world famous (and very very classy) Café de Paris last year. Law people also have a law ball at The Savoy hotel, but that isn't until the second semester.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, there was a law freshers thing at the world famous (and very very classy) Café de Paris last year. Law people also have a law ball at The Savoy hotel, but that isn't until the second semester.
    Wow!! It just gets better and better!! Now I'm just dreading getting my accommodation through tomorrow (I assume its tomorrow as most got theirs today)!! I just know its gonna be Wolfson House or KCH

ReputationRep:
    Wow!! It just gets better and better!! Now I'm just dreading getting my accommodation through tomorrow (I assume its tomorrow as most got theirs today)!! I just know its gonna be Wolfson House or KCH
    KCH is great - Wolfson sucks.

Doesn't look great, but KCH is amazing underneath it all. It has a bar and common room for meeting people, pool room, table tennis, sky TV room, squash, full size snooker... There's even a projector in the common room. It basically all makes for a better all round university halls experience which you won't get in Stamford Street of Great Dover Street, despite being much more modern and nicer aestetically.

ReputationRep:
    KCH is great - Wolfson sucks.

Doesn't look great, but KCH is amazing underneath it all. It has a bar and common room for meeting people, pool room, table tennis, sky TV room, squash, full size snooker... There's even a projector in the common room. It basically all makes for a better all round university halls experience which you won't get in Stamford Street of Great Dover Street, despite being much more modern and nicer aestetically.
    Well, I havent put any of them at the top of my form. My first choice was, the seemingly forgotten, Brian Creamer House. I'm sure, although being arranged like a smaller version of traditional halls, its probably not got the same "buzz" about it as the bigger halls have. However, 67 people housed on two floors - people must surely get to know each other quite well.

Do you make a lot of friends through doing law (at the various events and lectures), or is it mostly in your accommodation??

ReputationRep:
    Do you make a lot of friends through doing law (at the various events and lectures), or is it mostly in your accommodation??
    I'm sorry, you've got the impression I do law - I just went to the events because I have a lot of law friends who got me tickets!

I would say i've made about 25% of my friends on my course, and 75% of people are who I live(d) with.

ReputationRep:
    The freshers week programme is now up on www.kclsu.org

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caer)
    The freshers week programme is now up on www.kclsu.org
    I cant get to the presidents message, or the guide to KCLSU.

ReputationRep:
    The Ex-president David Dunne is a great bloke. I knew him before he became president. Very easy to tell he his talented but he is down to Earth and humble at the same time... charismatic.

The current ULU president (Chris Piper), an ex-president of KCL, ditto.

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting law at Kings too in Sept and move in on the 18th. Is anyone here staying at the Great Dover St Apts?

:cool: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing law too and staying at Great Dover Street - I was worried that I might be the only lawyer amongst many, many medics and science-y people! (Not that that's bad - but was worried I wouldn't meet anyone from the course in the first few days of living there).

ReputationRep:
    Tickets are on sale now at http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/user/?reg...er=kingcollege

Apparently, you should buy them now coz they go really quickly.. but, what's everyone going to?? I don't know if I'll be up for going out every night, and there's more than 1 event on a few days...

*Tara*

ReputationRep:
    I would go to the badge party at tutu's, the school disco at tutus, phase on friday at tutus and the guy's boat party on the monday, leaving you with the ministry of sound night on the tuesday.

ReputationRep:
    I ended up buying tickets for the badge party on the 21st (at Tutu's), the thing at Tommy's on the 22nd, the school disco on the 23rd, Bamboozled on the 24th, the freshers party on the 28th, and the pyjama party on the 29th.

ReputationRep:
    I’m starting this term but I’m at Hughes Parry (intercollegiate hall) who’ve got KCL students down to come in two days after my induction day for my course… and do I get something through from the union about freshers week etc…? coz so far all I’ve got is my course and halls info, nothing from the college its self

Any one here from one of the intercollegiate halls? Its just I’ve got no real idea of what’s going on?

ReputationRep:
    hiya!

im in intercollegiate halls too...stayin in connaught..my induction day for kings is on the 21st but the day for moving into my halls is 26th! i called the halls up and they said i could move in earlier but would have to pay extra for every extra nite i stay which kinda sucks...but i think its worth it..i jus dont wanna be the only one in my position! havent got any info about freshers week either! augh! its not long now!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.