Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    Hang on, let me get this straight.

You dossed the year, you've had family problems, you haven't worked as hard as you should have, yet you expect to get amazingly high UMS scores?

You shouldn't say that you are dissapointed with your results; you should be dissapointed with your work ethic, more than anything else. With that work ethic, you're lucky to get 4 A's in my opinion, you should count yourself lucky.

Your problem isn't the results, I'll re-iterate it.
    Nah, one more day of revision for each module would have done the trick. But silly me decided to do about 2 or 3 hours each for the Chemistry module, whoops. I like my work ethic - I will work slightly harder this year (I will do at least 75% of all homework!), but that'll only be because Further Maths is scaring me and Oxford looms around the corner. And yes, I like Merton

*shrugs* Family problems still exist, though less. And I've now caught some great disease. I'll always have excuses. It's really about when I'll face up to them and stop scapegoating them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    Well accept the fact that you didn't work hard enough for the UMS scores you would ohh so dearly love, despite only graes being put on your UCAS form anyway, and work harder next year, rather than pretending you're dissapointed when infact, when you first opended your results, you were happy and relieved you got 4 A's.

You've failed to mention that you went from happy to down after talking to the likes of Tek and H&E as well, so you implied that you expected high UMS scores beforehand.

1.) You don't deserve "high" UMS scores. (the ones you stated on your website).
    2.) You were happy with your results until you started talking to 2 public schoolers; one who's a moron, and the other who does brilliant and you shouldn't compare yourself with.
    I actually have an entry somewhere where I wish fervently for 270+ in everything. I don't imply anything, I don't lie. I see no point in it.

I haven't done very well, I know I could do better. I know I have the potential to get high UMS marks, which is what I referred to. You simply misinterpret it, as what I think I deserve. Nyeh.

That's really all there is to the story, isn't it? :rolleyes:

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.