The Student Room Group

University of Bristol Halls

I Need Help deciding which hall apply to at Bristol Uni!! I want to apply to a catered hall so I've chosen Stoke Bishop area, but I don't know wether to choose:
Wills (I like the idea of friday formals, and even though I read there are some posh kids, it seems they have fun).
Churchill (I've read Wills it's very tuff to get in, so Churchill maybe would be easier, but it seems there are ONLY posh people)
Badock ( It seems as the most social/fun but I'm not a very edgy/druggy person, tough I love partites and drinking)
Hiatt Baker catered (I like the fact is the biggest hall, more people to meet, and the diverse environment, has a pub, then why nobody chooses it?)

My priority is the social aspect, I like meeting new people, partying, and having fun, both in formal occasions or just by staying at the pub/going clubbing. I just need some advice on where is the best place to find that.

Applaying for an en suite decreases your chance to get in the hall you've chosen? Is the distance from Bishop to Uni/ city centre such a big deal?

Thank you so much!!
Original post by Flamen
I Need Help deciding which hall apply to at Bristol Uni!! I want to apply to a catered hall so I've chosen Stoke Bishop area, but I don't know wether to choose:
Wills (I like the idea of friday formals, and even though I read there are some posh kids, it seems they have fun).
Churchill (I've read Wills it's very tuff to get in, so Churchill maybe would be easier, but it seems there are ONLY posh people)
Badock ( It seems as the most social/fun but I'm not a very edgy/druggy person, tough I love partites and drinking)
Hiatt Baker catered (I like the fact is the biggest hall, more people to meet, and the diverse environment, has a pub, then why nobody chooses it?)

My priority is the social aspect, I like meeting new people, partying, and having fun, both in formal occasions or just by staying at the pub/going clubbing. I just need some advice on where is the best place to find that.

Applaying for an en suite decreases your chance to get in the hall you've chosen? Is the distance from Bishop to Uni/ city centre such a big deal?

Thank you so much!!

I was in city centre so take what I say with a grain of salt, but I heard Stoke Bishop is really cliquey, so you'll either love it or hate it. The distance probably won't bother you that much since the bus only takes about 20-25 minutes, but once you move closer to uni in your second year you'll wonder how you put it with living in Stoke Bishop in your first year.
Reply 2
Thanks for replaying!
Yeah, you are probably right about leaving in the city centre, defenetly the best choice for second year students, but I've decided to go for Stoke Bishop as I want to be in a catered hall, and I feel like it would be more social for the first year.
Have you heared anything specific about this list of halls in Stoke Bishop? Or met anybody from them? (Wills, Churchill, Badock, or Hiatt Baker).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending