Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey guys! Anyone doing paper 1?

Posted from TSR Mobile
LlamaLlama1730
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Me and I live history but these history exams stress me out - so much to remember its crazy
Nye2001
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
(Original post by LlamaLlama1730)
Me and I live history but these history exams stress me out - so much to remember its crazy
I agree!! I've used way too many flash cards! Which topics are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
LlamaLlama1730
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Nye2001)
I agree!! I've used way too many flash cards! Which topics are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing Nazi Germany (1918-1945) and America red scare/ civil rights (1945-1974) as the depth studies for paper 1

and Russian revolution (1917-1924) and Medicine through time (1845-1945) for paper 2

Hbu? Paper 1 stresses me out the most but if you are doing germany or civil rights DM me your email and I can send you these really good study guides I bought from Mr Budd's website.
Nye2001
Rep:
?
I'm doing Nazi Germany (1918-1945) and America red scare/ civil rights (1945-1974) as the depth studies for paper 1

and Russian revolution (1917-1924) and Medicine through time (1845-1945) for paper 2

Hbu? Paper 1 stresses me out the most but if you are doing germany or civil rights DM me your email and I can send you these really good study guides I bought from Mr Budd's website.
I'm doing Civil rights (1945-74), international relations between the 2 world wars (1919-39) for paper 1. French Revolution (1780-94) and medicine through time (1845-1945) for paper 2. That would be amazing - I'll send my email address thank you! I found learning the topics without a textbook so, so difficult!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
LlamaLlama1730
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Nye2001)
I'm doing Civil rights (1945-74), international relations between the 2 world wars (1919-39) for paper 1. French Revolution (1780-94) and medicine through time (1845-1945) for paper 2. That would be amazing - I'll send my email address thank you! I found learning the topics without a textbook so, so difficult!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool I emailed you - anyone else feel free to message me if you need notes for these topics.
Nye2001
Rep:
?
Cool I emailed you - anyone else feel free to message me if you need notes for these topics.
Brilliant! Thank you so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
dx31
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

I'm doing exactly the same omd, how are you revising?
LlamaLlama1730
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by dx31)
I'm doing exactly the same omd, how are you revising?
I have practiced the exam technique a lot in the past so now what I'm doing is memorizing the facts in an organized manner, planning out each C and D question with the 3 points and key points of 'Own Knowledge' that I will use. Hbu?
dx31
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have practiced the exam technique a lot in the past so now what I'm doing is memorizing the facts in an organized manner, planning out each C and D question with the 3 points and key points of 'Own Knowledge' that I will use. Hbu?
Samee!! I'm doing exactly the same just to make sure I'm confident with each topic. I need to do the same with Medicine, but its hard because we never got an edexcel textbook for that, do you have any exam style questions on medicine other than the ones on the actual edexcel website?
no2573571
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey, everyone! I'm doing International Relations and Stalin for paper 1. As lots of people here are doing Edexcel iGCSE, here's my (attempted) revision method for paper 1, if it's of any use whatsoever:I'm drilling in the key facts and trying to memorise them in an organised, grouped manner. History's so stressful because of the sheer amount of facts that to be learnt.I recommend BBC Bitesize's test bites for memorising key, basic info and important stats, as well as gaining a steady overview, which will helps memorise further details later. The pages themselves are not that detailed, but they do give really useful revision tips as to how to revise each topic, which are so handy. They also tell you how to group your knowledge which effectively lightens your workload - and hopefully will make the facts easier to retrieve in the exam.Make sure your exam technique is up to scratch, by practising - not just looking a the skeleton model answer outline you get in year 10! This also helps you learn the facts too. I'd also recommend reading examiner's reports and glancing over mark schemes, because these tell you exactly where points are gained - which, if put into practice, can boost your grade! Really hope that helped.... But still, as everyone can agree, HISTORY IS SOOOO HARD - I know your pain, my friends! Good luck, everyone. Any predictions for International Relations?PS: don't forget to learn the dates! I reccomend Quizlet.
Ellismall
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Anyone doing changing role of the league and the UN for paper 2? I am struggling to think what 'change' topic might come up because they have already done the changing peacekeeping role twice and changes to standards of living. If anyone has any ideas on this or any tips in general for paper two I would be so grateful - I'm stressing out about this exam!
wjhqghj
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
what was the exam d question for international relations
sanny666
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Any of y'all that did the superpowers or germany paper in June 2017, please can you tell me what questions you got if you can remember?
freyageneva
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hi, Sanny666 did you ever get an answer to the above question? would be a great help!!
monkeyball633
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Hi could you please send me some notes on Germany, the USA, Russian revolution and Medicine. Thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (10)
9.01%
They've been reasonable (37)
33.33%
Not feeling great... (34)
30.63%
They are TERRIBLE! (30)