The Student Room Group

AQA Classical Civilisation - Women in Athens and Rome PREDICTIONS

Hey guys,

So the exam is tomorrow, and I was just wondering what your guys predictions are for what the questions are going to be on? I looked at the past papers for the past 4 years and I predict there will be a lot about Athens for our section, I doubt there will be anything about Women at the Thesmophoria as that has been a 30 marker question for 2 years (2014/2016) and a lot of focus on Poisoning trial/Husbands defence/Proof of marriage but you never know with AQA.

What are your predictions? I will most likely be incorrect but would love to know your guys thoughts for tomorrow. Good luck!
How did you find the exam? and are you studying Roman architecture for the Monday exam?
I've only just seen this thread - my teacher created a spreadsheet with previous exam questions and created predictions for CIV1D course (Women in Athens and Rome) and he was spot on, hope you found the exams okay. I found both mine went a lot easier than expected and a lot of people have said the same.
Reply 3
Original post by sarahhhbennett
How did you find the exam? and are you studying Roman architecture for the Monday exam?

The exam was alright, I did little revision so I was a little unprepared but think I got a decent mark. No, I didn't do Roman architecture I did the Odyssey
Reply 4
Original post by sian.jane
I've only just seen this thread - my teacher created a spreadsheet with previous exam questions and created predictions for CIV1D course (Women in Athens and Rome) and he was spot on, hope you found the exams okay. I found both mine went a lot easier than expected and a lot of people have said the same.

Women in Athens and Rome wasn't as bad as I thought. My second exam was The Odyssey, which wasn't the best but that's what a couple of days revision gets you. A lot of my classmates found Women in Athens and Rome quite easy.
Original post by HarryOrr
Women in Athens and Rome wasn't as bad as I thought. My second exam was The Odyssey, which wasn't the best but that's what a couple of days revision gets you. A lot of my classmates found Women in Athens and Rome quite easy.

That's good. I was really happy with Women in Athens and Rome, all my favourite texts could be used, including Aristophanes' Thesmophoriazusae.

My second exam was on the Second Punic War and it wasn't a strong point because a lot of the people had same and similar names and dates of events were hard to remember at first until I found a technique that worked for me. Over the holidays i did loads of revision and learnt everything off by heart and the exam went great!

Have you started unit 3?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending