A-level economics or Business Level 3 BTEC?

Watch
AsadUllah900
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So i want to pursue a career in accounting and I have decided to go onto 6th form and then decide to do an apprenticeship or go uni after that.

Anyway for my 6th form options A-level economics and BTEC Business are both in the same block so you can't choose both options youu have to pick from one or the other, both subjects seem like pretty good choices for accountancy but i'm not which one to pick, help?

(I'm also studying IT level 3 BTEC and Financial studies Level 3 diploma*)
Trevish
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
A Level Economics is more valuable than Business Studies according Universities.

PS: I do Economics, Accounting & Maths at A level, so if you can choose Accounting, do it because it is difficult now due to syllabus change( CIE only)

Posted from TSR Mobile
AsadUllah900
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Trevish)
A Level Economics is more valuable than Business Studies according Universities.

PS: I do Economics, Accounting & Maths at A level, so if you can choose Accounting, do it because it is difficult now due to syllabus change( CIE only)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've looked at the top 3 6th forms in my city and alas none of them offer an accounting A level, and i'm currently doing my GCSE's and I'm already doing business BTEC level 2 and have never done economics, whats it like?
Trevish
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hmm, well I'm not from UK but from Mauritius, so here, everywhere they have Accounting A level

Economics is very bulky, lots of diagrams and information

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous1611
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I want to do a Business Management course in uni in London. The subjects I’m considering(For Sixth Form) are BTec Business, A level Economics and A Level Travel n Tourism. Are these good subjects and will unis accept these for a business management course?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (632)
48.84%
No (662)
51.16%

Watched Threads