Turn on thread page Beta

What do you do when.......? The internet dilemma watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What do you do when your best mate is 'going out' with someone over the internet but there actaully a complete granny-shower (knob) and you can;t prove it to your mate and their all like 'but i loooove him Gemma' and all loved up.

Help! She's gonna get hurt but i can;t convince her that 99% of internet relatipnships dont work out!

ARGH.......

ReputationRep:
    Do your best to persuade her that he's a ******, I mean what are your reasons? Explain them to her. If she still doesn't accept this, be there for her when/if it all goes horribly wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spring_Ryder)
    What do you do when your best mate is 'going out' with someone over the internet but there actaully a complete granny-shower (knob) and you can;t prove it to your mate and their all like 'but i loooove him Gemma' and all loved up.

Help! She's gonna get hurt but i can;t convince her that 99% of internet relatipnships dont work out!

ARGH.......
    btw how do you know hes a knob

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by innercitylife)
    Do your best to persuade her that he's a ******, I mean what are your reasons? Explain them to her. If she still doesn't accept this, be there for her when/if it all goes horribly wrong.

Cheers mush, i shall try that when he breaks her lil heart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    btw how do you know hes a knob

Because she went out with him before then he dumped her then he changed his mind and went back out with her. tHen he got her to dump all her mates (we werent good enough for her apparently) then he dumped her agian, and wouldnt speak to her on msn then she came crawling back to us, her old friends, so we took her back, then i talked to him, then he theateend to blow up our neighborhood and personally blow up my house, starting send abusive emails to the friend who he went out with. Now theyre back together, and i know this is gonna turn out bad.

During this time he hacked into my account 5 times on msn, my friend's about 10 times and started sending abusive emails to all the people on my msn list, thus causing them to dislike me and distrust me. NOT nice i can assure you, when the boy you spent three months trying to persaude to even TALK to you thought you he was a long list of swearwords, and wanted to do gross and vulgar acts upon several *ahem* parts of his body.

ReputationRep:
    Because she went out with him before then he dumped her then he changed his mind and went back out with her. tHen he got her to dump all her mates (we werent good enough for her apparently) then he dumped her agian, and wouldnt speak to her on msn then she came crawling back to us, her old friends, so we took her back, then i talked to him, then he theateend to blow up our neighborhood and personally blow up my house, starting send abusive emails to the friend who he went out with. Now theyre back together, and i know this is gonna turn out bad.

During this time he hacked into my account 5 times on msn, my friend's about 10 times and started sending abusive emails to all the people on my msn list, thus causing them to dislike me and distrust me. NOT nice i can assure you, when the boy you spent three months trying to persaude to even TALK to you thought you he was a long list of swearwords, and wanted to do gross and vulgar acts upon several *ahem* parts of his body.
    Lmfao, blow up the neighbourhood, does he think he is Rambo?

Sounds like a right ******* to me. I'd really just keep pestering your friend about him, really really try and persuade her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slice'N'Dice)
    Lmfao, blow up the neighbourhood, does he think he is Rambo?

Sounds like a right ******* to me. I'd really just keep pestering your friend about him, really really try and persuade her.
    I know, hes a bit of a .........troubled......... boy. But it kinda scared me coz he has my street address. Anthrax alert. Almost cacked maself for a week when he said he had that....

ReputationRep:
    i can;t convince her that 99% of internet relatipnships dont work out!
    My best friend met his boyfriend over the internet and they've been together for 2 years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red665)
    My best friend met his boyfriend over the internet and they've been together for 2 years
    His or her... :rolleyes:

Anyways, this is an example that they can work.

ReputationRep:

His

Yeah it is a nice example

ReputationRep:
    i met my bf over the internet (we got chatting when we found each others online blogs and noticed we lived in the same town only to discover we knew each others friends and had form rooms next to each other... was very surreal)

but anyway, in my experience people can be very stubborn when it comes to who they like ('love is blind' have any relevance?) and that friends can rarely disuade them not to be with someone. nasty as it can seem all you can do is be there for her when it all goes horribly wrong and try to avoid saying 'i told you so'... i have a good friend who regularly goes for guys who are complete *******, every time telling me this one is different, they never are.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:

It's the 1%.

ReputationRep:

ARGH.......

Let her Deal with it. She will learn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    Let her Deal with it. She will learn.

Wise words but I really dont want to see her get hurt again. She took all her stress out on us!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.