The Student Room Group

I need help and advice...

My mum had a thyroid gland thingy and she had to have a operation or it would have turned into cancer. My dad and my mum relationship was getting a bit rocky i could tell. Anyway like 2 weeks b4 the operation my dad left my mum. Luckily my grandma (my mums mum) was there to help support me and my mum. I was so scared for my mum. However the operation was successful but my mum and dad didnt come back together. I was angry at my dad because he wasn't their when my mum needed him the most. It has now been 4 years since my parents split up, do u think i should finally stop holding a grudge and talk to my dad?
Original post by miss_ambitious
My mum had a thyroid gland thingy and she had to have a operation or it would have turned into cancer. My dad and my mum relationship was getting a bit rocky i could tell. Anyway like 2 weeks b4 the operation my dad left my mum. Luckily my grandma (my mums mum) was there to help support me and my mum. I was so scared for my mum. However the operation was successful but my mum and dad didnt come back together. I was angry at my dad because he wasn't their when my mum needed him the most. It has now been 4 years since my parents split up, do u think i should finally stop holding a grudge and talk to my dad?

It might be worth talking to him, even if just once, and see how it goes. There's no need to commit to having him back in your life straight away. There may have been more behind it than you knew, and the only way to find out is by asking. If you want to consider having him back in your life, which it sounds like you do, then do try
Lol I personally would never call a man like that my dad.
Original post by miss_ambitious

There are two issues it seems you are having
1) Holding the grudge
2) Not talking to your Dad

My advise is sort out (1) before (2)
Talking to your Dad when you are angry at him could be bad for your future relationship
However you certainly should take to him about it when you have sorted out (1). His side of the story is just as important!
**** it Mask off

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending