Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Everyone's predicting that the Macbeth question will be on Macbeth

Haven't seen any predictions yet for Jekyll and hyde....

Tell me what u guys are predicting

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure the Jekyll and Hyde one will be on Utterson or Jekyll, but probably not Hyde since he was on the specimen paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rafakl)
    Everyone's predicting that the Macbeth question will be on Macbeth

Haven't seen any predictions yet for Jekyll and hyde....

Tell me what u guys are predicting
    Macbeth : Probably Lady Macbeth or the theme of ambition
    Jeckyll and Hyde : Utterson or the theme of gothic narrative/description

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rm2015)
    Macbeth : Probably Lady Macbeth or the theme of ambition
    Jeckyll and Hyde : Utterson or the theme of gothic narrative/description
    God I hope you're right about the theme of ambition or Lady Macbeth they're both easy to talk about.

ReputationRep:
    Theme of repression maybe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Balkaran)
    God I hope you're right about the theme of ambition or Lady Macbeth they're both easy to talk about.
    Lady Macbeth was on the spec paper. I think it'll be about Macbeth to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e2014)
    Lady Macbeth was on the spec paper. I think it'll be about Macbeth to be honest.
    Macbeth is also easy as long as it's not about some random theme. I'm happy or on someone like Macduff

ReputationRep:
    Macbeth is also easy as long as it's not about some random theme. I'm happy or on someone like Macduff
    I'm hoping it's a vague question about Macbeth because you can apply essentially any ideas you have to a question like that. I really hope it's not about Macduff. What grade are you aiming for?

ReputationRep:
    Repression would be alright tbh. Or Jekyll. Anything but Utterson god please. I have no idea what to say about the boring man. Not Hyde either - I hate Hyde but he was on the specimens paper so probably not. We did a mock in class on the theme of secrecy and another one on how Stevenson presents fear so you never know what could come up.

Lady MB's most likely not coming up as she's on the specimen. I have a strong feeling it's going to be Macbeth.

Please no setting please. If setting comes up for any book/play in English lit I'm failing 100%. Also nothing stupid please AQA like Poole or fear/secrecy etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e2014)
    I'm hoping it's a vague question about Macbeth because you can apply essentially any ideas you have to a question like that. I really hope it's not about Macduff. What grade are you aiming for?
    I got high 7's in all the practice exams I gave to my teacher so I hope I get at least a 7. But I expect the grade boundaries to go down so I may get an 8.

What do you expect to get?

ReputationRep:
    I hope it's on Jekyll or the theme of secrecy or duality because it is easy to talk about and lots of other themes can be linked in to it.

On Macbeth, I just hope it isn't MacDuff or Banquo because I have no clue what to talk about for them. Lady Macbeth or Macbeth would be alright to talk about.

ReputationRep:
    You know you're failing English when it takes you 5 mins of hard thinking to even remember who Macduff is.
    No Macduff/Malcolm/banquo would be nice.
    Basically I really want the Macbeth question to either be a theme or on Macbeth/Lady Macbeth bc I'd fail if it was any other character.

ReputationRep:
    I got high 7's in all the practice exams I gave to my teacher so I hope I get at least a 7. But I expect the grade boundaries to go down so I may get an 8.

What do you expect to get?
    I'm really hoping for a 9. I've always loved English and want to pursue it further so it's one of my biggest goals right now. I feel like I'm entirely capable but it's just scary to think your grade depends on what you do in the time. What if I can't get down all of my ideas in the time, or forget to write about something? It's just all very scary to think about but I do think I can do it because I've put in so much work.
    I just need to go over the modern texts and poetry for Friday in more depth. :/

ReputationRep:
    Macbeth was also on a specimen so probably not that either

Hopefully it's on their relationship? I could not write about Macduff at all!! Ambition, power, role of kings etc. Any of those themes would be good

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping for Macbeth to be on the witches/ supernatural. Macbeth and Lady Macbeth have both been on the mock/ specimen papers so I doubt it'll be them, but a theme like violence, ambition etc. could come up. Surely it'd be too mean to give a minor character for the first year, so fingers crossed that won't happen.
    No clue about Jekyll and Hyde. I've got a feeling it'll be duality because it's the best one to start off with on the new spec, and you can clearly differentiate between higher and lower level candidates with it. It just seems suspicious that it hasn't been on any sample material. Idk though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e2014)
    Macbeth was in my mock.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e2014)
    I'm really hoping for a 9. I've always loved English and want to pursue it further so it's one of my biggest goals right now. I feel like I'm entirely capable but it's just scary to think your grade depends on what you do in the time. What if I can't get down all of my ideas in the time, or forget to write about something? It's just all very scary to think about but I do think I can do it because I've put in so much work.
    I just need to go over the modern texts and poetry for Friday in more depth. :/
    If you're aiming for a 9 then you must be good at English. sixth form and colleges normally only require you to get a 6 in English to do it as an A-level sometimes a 7. So even if you get an 8 or maybe a 7 you'll probably get into an English A-level.Unis also don't care about GCSE grades they only care that you have a maths & English GCSE so GCSEs don't matter that much. As long as you pass English, Maths and meet the entry requirements for the A-level you want, you're set. Don't stress too much.

But still try and get that 9

ReputationRep:
    how would u answer a question on duality ( Jekyll and hyde)

ReputationRep:
    If it's not on Macbeth or Lady Macbeth then I'm done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MedicGirl17)
    You know you're failing English when it takes you 5 mins of hard thinking to even remember who Macduff is.
    No Macduff/Malcolm/banquo would be nice.
    Basically I really want the Macbeth question to either be a theme or on Macbeth/Lady Macbeth bc I'd fail if it was any other character.
    Me too, hahaha

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 21, 2017

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.