?
Report 3 years ago
No I don't have any
Pastels123
Badges: 12
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by reinaadira)
No I don't have any
How do you feel about the test tomorrow?
Generally, I am quite nervous and to top that off I have English so I am dreading the exam.
sahil_01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Pastels123)
Generally, I am quite nervous and to top that off I have English so I am dreading the exam.
swear everyone doing edexcel English lit and geography b unit 1 have it tomorrow.
sahil_01
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What topics are you doing? Im doing the first 4 and coastal change and conflict, extreme environments
Skyrim
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think I'm going to stay up all night just revising for english lit and geog - I just started today...
reinaadira
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Pastels123)
I'm in year 10 so this is my first and only exam
I'm actually really scared, coasts is my worst topic definitely and I think that topic could reduce my A* chances
tomiilori
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Can't wait to get geography done and dusted tbh!
tiago_martinsc
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
JWilliamsTS
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Geography went quite well today!

What was the question about plastic in Oceans on the Edge though?

I wasn't sure how you can prove past climate change, so I went for ice cores an fossils.

The six mark question comparing Secondary and Primary Impacts of a Tectonic Event was a bit weird (didn't compare, just stated).

The six marker on Coastal Change and Conflict was quite hard, didn't know many env impacts of a rapidly eroding coastline, but I said that the erosion would create sedimentation, changing pH of the water, killing marine life, and that local species may move too...
00sevenmagic
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by JWilliamsTS)

I wasn't sure how you can prove past climate change, so I went for ice cores an fossils.

The six mark question comparing Secondary and Primary Impacts of a Tectonic Event was a bit weird (didn't compare, just stated).

The six marker on Coastal Change and Conflict was quite hard, didn't know many env impacts of a rapidly eroding coastline, but I said that the erosion would create sedimentation, changing pH of the water, killing marine life, and that local species may move too...
Yeah, apart from a few question i think it was ok. However still think was harder than recent years which should be reflected in the grade boundaries
sahil_01
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 00sevenmagic)
yeah, apart from a few question i think it was ok. However still think was harder than recent years which should be reflected in the grade boundaries
everyone i spoke to said it was easy so i think the grade boundaries are going to be high
james_furber1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

There are drawings and paintings of ice fairs during the mini ice age and fossils/skeletons of the mega fauna who strived during the mini ice age and they're not alive now so clearly some climate change must have happened.
Skyrim
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
So I'm pretty sure I got a U today.

How many marks would I need on the other 2 papers to get a solid B? I got A* on the coursework so can I still compensate?

Or have I seriously f***** up
00sevenmagic
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Skyrim)
So I'm pretty sure I got a U today.

How many marks would I need on the other 2 papers to get a solid B? I got A* on the coursework so can I still compensate?

Or have I seriously f***** up
I'm sure u didn't get a U, if got an A* on the coursework .

grade boundaries for this test are probs:

80% A*

70% A

60% B

50% C

40%D
sahil_01
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 00sevenmagic)
i'm sure u didn't get a u, if got an a* on the coursework .

Grade boundaries for this test are probs:

80% a*

70% a

60% b

50% c

40%d
a* always been 90%
then it depreciates 10% after for an a then so on....
ID73645298
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That stupid question on threats to the conversation of the biosphere i didn't even know what it was asking ... why would there be threats when conservation is good ?
reinaadira
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

That question on plastic like what??
I just wrote about how plastic as a source of waste is quite prevalent and used the data
That was just weird, comparing them? I wrote about Nepal
I did Ice cores and tree rings
The coastal change one, we didn't do many environmental impacts like what else can you write
00sevenmagic
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sahil_01)
a* always been 90%
then it depreciates 10% after for an a then so on....
No, last year was 61/78 which is 78% for an A*
tomiilori
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i did the foundation paper and it was quite alright tbh! the only question that really put me off was the rivers question where we had to explain the formation of floodplains....

other than that... the paper was good!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (27)
19.29%
No (113)
80.71%

Watched Threads