Where did that '3' come from? :/

Length of PQ. 4-1=3
Original post by LawAbider

Area of a trapezium = a×b2×h\frac{a\times b}{2}\times h

h is the height of the trapezium which you get from x2x1=41 x_2-x_1 = 4-1
Reply 5

No problem. Good luck with the C2 exam on Wednesday!

it's exact area ... I've done this question you don't use trapezium rule.
You use the points to find the gradient of the line and then integrate the line and subtract the integral of the curve. Then you sub in the x values :smile:

Original post by boriapple
Area of a trapezium = a×b2×h\frac{a\times b}{2}\times h h is the height of the trapezium which you get from x2x1=41 x_2-x_1 = 4-1

If it was trapezium rule they'd say "estimate of area", but they say "exact area"
Good luck in C2 btw x
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 8
No problem. Good luck with the C2 exam on Wednesday!

Thanks for your support :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by abc_123_
You use the points to find the gradient of the line and then integrate the line and subtract the integral of the curve. Then you sub in the x values :smile:
If it was trapezium rule they'd say "estimate of area", but they say "exact area"
Good luck in C2 btw x

Thank you for the advice, I'll try to remember that in the exam :h:
Thank you for the advice, I'll try to remember that in the exam :h:

Chances are if it's trapezium rule they'll give you a table and ask you to find some extra values xx :smile: x
Good luck ... is it on Wednesday? x

Good luck in C2 btw x

No, the area under the line AB is a trapezium. This is what was being worked out in the solution.
No, the area under the line AB is a trapezium. This is what was being worked out in the solution.

that shape isn't a trapezium ... a trapezium is a four sided shape
that shape isn't a trapezium ... a trapezium is a four sided shape

The line PQ (which I accidentally said was AB above) has an area. This area between the limits of xP,xQx_P, x_Q gives a 4 sided shape, which happens to be a trapezium.

You need this area so that you can take away the area calculated from the finite integral of the curve giving the requested area.

5782379r3893893.png
(edited 6 years ago)
The line PQ (which I accidentally said was AB above) has an area. This area between the limits of xP,xQx_P, x_Q gives a 4 sided shape, which happens to be a trapezium.

You need this area so that you can take away the area calculated from the finite integral of the curve giving the requested area.

Hey, I'm sorry I didn't understand what you meant before. I understand now about the trapezium my friend showed me x 😂 I thought you were talking about using the trapezium rule x :redface:
I did it a different way - I integrated the line and subtracted the integral of the curve x

Quick Reply

Latest