jakebonnington
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
anyone else do WJEC business at a level? and does anyone have any predictions of what's going to come up for this year's exams?
michelle4698
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
How did it go?
jakebonnington
Rep:
(Original post by michelle4698)
How did it go?
the questions weren't too bad but i found them a bit ambiguous so i didn't know if i was writing the right thing
michelle4698
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
That's exactly how I felt with the lean production and leadership styles one!
jakebonnington
Rep:
That's exactly how I felt with the lean production and leadership styles one!
and the pricing strategies one i was like do you want be to talk about market orientated or cost based ones or like individual ones such as market skimming so i just did everything:laugh:
michelle4698
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jakebonnington)
and the pricing strategies one i was like do you want be to talk about market orientated or cost based ones or like individual ones such as market skimming so i just did everything:laugh:

Haha what did you put for the consumer protection one i literally just wrote the laws on it 😩
jakebonnington
Rep:
Haha what did you put for the consumer protection one i literally just wrote the laws on it 😩
I ********ted so much in that one😂 I wrote about how they need protection from things like cartels but it's their responsibility not to overconsume goods or something
michelle4698
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I ********ted so much in that one😂 I wrote about how they need protection from things like cartels but it's their responsibility not to overconsume goods or something
The questions were just so confusing
jakebonnington
Rep:
michelle4698 how did you find component 2?
livy500
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
i did component 2 and was so annoyed that there was no ratio analysis or investment appraisal! what did everyone put for the % change in income question for some reason that really confused me
jakebonnington
Rep:
(Original post by livy500)
i did component 2 and was so annoyed that there was no ratio analysis or investment appraisal! what did everyone put for the % change in income question for some reason that really confused me
oh **** i worked out income elasticity but my percentage change for income was still in my workings do you think i'll still get the marks?

i think i got 2.5% though ?
michelle4698
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
michelle4698 how did you find component 2?
IT was quite difficult I didn't really know what to put for the mission statement one I just went on with myself hahaha, how did you find it?
jakebonnington
Rep:
IT was quite difficult I didn't really know what to put for the mission statement one I just went on with myself hahaha, how did you find it?
it was a nice paper apart from the starbucks question:sigh:
beth000
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Is the Wjec paper the same as the eduqas one ? I know the two exam boards are like related kinda and we had the same Starbucks and porter questions aswell

Posted from TSR Mobile
michelle4698
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
it was a nice paper apart from the starbucks question:sigh:
What did you say for the last porters one 😩
michelle4698
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by beth000)
Is the Wjec paper the same as the eduqas one ? I know the two exam boards are like related kinda and we had the same Starbucks and porter questions aswell

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeh they're the same
jakebonnington
Rep:
What did you say for the last porters one 😩
i put how there were high barriers to entry as it was an oligopoly but then i put that it was almost a monopoly because domino's have over 25% which the EU classify as a monopoly (i wasn't sure about this rip) so they were in a strong position as they can make high profits

i also put there was high competition and substitutes but because they have a strong brand identity this prevents there profits from falling too much so they are still in a strong position in the market

i also put that there is not much supplier power as there will likely be a lot of supplier so domino's can try and achieve economies of scale

basically i ********ted:lol:
jakebonnington
Rep:
(Original post by beth000)

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah i think eduqas is the english board for wjec (i might be wrong about that though) but they're the same business paper

how did you find it?
michelle4698
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
i put how there were high barriers to entry as it was an oligopoly but then i put that it was almost a monopoly because domino's have over 25% which the EU classify as a monopoly (i wasn't sure about this rip) so they were in a strong position as they can make high profits

i also put there was high competition and substitutes but because they have a strong brand identity this prevents there profits from falling too much so they are still in a strong position in the market

i also put that there is not much supplier power as there will likely be a lot of supplier so domino's can try and achieve economies of scale

basically i ********ted:lol:
That sounds like such a good answer!!! Still can't believe there was no investment appraisal or ratio analysis
jakebonnington
Rep:
That sounds like such a good answer!!! Still can't believe there was no investment appraisal or ratio analysis
i know i was so pissed:mad:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (78)
20.74%
Note taking apps (7)
1.86%
Flashcards (86)
22.87%
Revision guides (19)
5.05%
Past papers (172)
45.74%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (14)
3.72%

Watched Threads