RyanJ1999
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi ,

I finish my apprenticeship at the end of August this year, on Friday I completed all of my coursework and it is now being internally/externally marked, I am 17 and I turn 18 in November. I don't want to stay at the company I am working for in this apprenticeship, I asked my apprentice assessor if I can leave when I my work is passed. She said no and that I have to stay until the end of the course. But I have completed all of the coursework and there is really nothing to do in this workplace as all I used to do what my coursework

Do you guys know if I can finish early in this situation, (She seemed to keep asking about my age when I was speaking to her. but I plan to go straight into a part time job for a little while so I can settle down and work out what I want to do)

Any advice or help ?

thanks
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by RyanJ1999)
Hi ,

I finish my apprenticeship at the end of August this year, on Friday I completed all of my coursework and it is now being internally/externally marked, I am 17 and I turn 18 in November. I don't want to stay at the company I am working for in this apprenticeship, I asked my apprentice assessor if I can leave when I my work is passed. She said no and that I have to stay until the end of the course. But I have completed all of the coursework and there is really nothing to do in this workplace as all I used to do what my coursework

Do you guys know if I can finish early in this situation, (She seemed to keep asking about my age when I was speaking to her. but I plan to go straight into a part time job for a little while so I can settle down and work out what I want to do)

Any advice or help ?

thanks
I believe the option of fast tracking is dependent on the employer, so it is their word. However, your age does come into it, as I believe you must stay in education or training until you are 18 so the closer you are to that when you finish, the better it is really. However, if you are adamant about leaving, maybe speak to someone a little higher up, but after your coursework has been marked in case there are any issues.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by brainzistheword)
I believe the option of fast tracking is dependent on the employer, so it is their word. However, your age does come into it, as I believe you must stay in education or training until you are 18 so the closer you are to that when you finish, the better it is really. However, if you are adamant about leaving, maybe speak to someone a little higher up, but after your coursework has been marked in case there are any issues.
I agree.
RyanJ1999
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Ok, so who should I speak to my apprenticeship assessor or my boss? , and what do I say to them ?
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by RyanJ1999)
Ok, so who should I speak to my apprenticeship assessor or my boss? , and what do I say to them ?
Speak to someone who is higher up than your assessor, whether this is a manager or boss I can't say. Just as them what your possibilities are if your coursework is passed off early and see what they say, then suggest that you are thinking of being fastracked so you can finish the course early and see what they say.

If they say no, then you know it is not possible
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (22)
17.6%
I'm not sure (3)
2.4%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (39)
31.2%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.4%
I'm not a current university student (58)
46.4%

Watched Threads