Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My parents earn just over 30k a year, and with myself and 2 siblings to support, putting me through Uni is basically going to cripple them. I realise that I'll be paying most of my fees myself, once I've got some money, and that my parents will be helping me... any idea if I would get any assistance with my fees? There's very little chance that I can afford to go to uni if I dont...

Help?
    Pix
    xx

ReputationRep:
    you won't know for sure till you fill in all the paperwork they ask for - it's dependent on a number of factors & the exact boundaries are not published.

but, i'm in a similar situation, though an only child & receive some fee support (but only ~ £200, so still have to pay ~ £1000) but do receive the maximum loan, i.e. over £4,000 pa, living outside london but away from home.

HTH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pixiepeep)
    My parents earn just over 30k a year, and with myself and 2 siblings to support, putting me through Uni is basically going to cripple them. I realise that I'll be paying most of my fees myself, once I've got some money, and that my parents will be helping me... any idea if I would get any assistance with my fees? There's very little chance that I can afford to go to uni if I dont...

Help?
    Pix
    xx
    www.studentfinancedirect.co.uk

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.