Jaw surgery

Watch
Bracefaceproblem
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
When i was 13 my dentist told me i needed braces so they put me forward to an orthodontist who then told me to have braces i need jaw surgery aswell, they took their time with putting my braces on as i was 16 nearly 17 when i got them on and so far im on the NHS and getting all for free. im now close to being 19 in about 4 weeks and finishing education and as im aware at 19 the nhs stops paying for all your treatments, im now worried that cause my surgery wont be for another few months that im suddenly gunna have to pay for the surgury and the braces which i cant afford, what do i do!!?!?!
xxKristenxx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am having this surgery too and as far as I am aware as long as the surgery is seen as medically necessary the NHS will pay for it. They also told me that because my treatment started before I was 19, it will still be free if it lasts after then
xxKristenxx
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Have you told your ortho about your concerns? Also do you have a specific surgery date yet?
Angry Bird
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
are you already having regular appointments with your orthodontist?
jawsurgg
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by xxKristenxx)
I am having this surgery too and as far as I am aware as long as the surgery is seen as medically necessary the NHS will pay for it. They also told me that because my treatment started before I was 19, it will still be free if it lasts after then
Hello, is this the underbite surgery? Or the overbite?
jawsurgg
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
is this the underbite correction one??
xxKristenxx
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jawsurgg)
Hello, is this the underbite surgery? Or the overbite?
I'll be having double jaw surgery to correct my underbite
jawsurgg
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'll be having double jaw surgery to correct my underbite
F*CK thats the same one im having too. Can you go over how it works? Are they pushing the top one forward and the bottom jaw back?
xxKristenxx
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
F*CK thats the same one im having too. Can you go over how it works? Are they pushing the top one forward and the bottom jaw back?
I don't have my joint clinic appointment until June which is where I will be told specific measurements by my surgeon and consultant. My ortho has told me my upper jaw will be moved forward and my bottom jaw will be moved back.
If you don't mind me asking how close are you to having your surgery done?
jawsurgg
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I don't have my joint clinic appointment until June which is where I will be told specific measurements by my surgeon and consultant. My ortho has told me my upper jaw will be moved forward and my bottom jaw will be moved back.
If you don't mind me asking how close are you to having your surgery done?
ahh, mind sharing any other details?

Lmaoo, ive just had braces, the procedure doesnt even start until a year or so because of delays
xxKristenxx
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
ahh, mind sharing any other details?

Lmaoo, ive just had braces, the procedure doesnt even start until a year or so because of delays
Should I message you because this thread will have quite a lot of replies XD
jawsurgg
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Should I message you because this thread will have quite a lot of replies XD
Yes, pls do!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (641)
33.49%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (809)
42.27%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.75%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.49%

Watched Threads