Predictions for tomorrows Literature Paper 1? (Macbeth + Christmas Carol) Watch

Dominik-7331
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
what are everyone's predictions for tomorrow's English Literature Paper 1 for Macbeth and Christmas Carol?
Also, just wondering, is there any likelihood that a question regarding the same theme/character will come up in this paper as in the specimen papers?
James120101
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well specimen papers weren't sent directly from the exam board so Yeah, there is every chance that it could be one of them. I'm not doing Macbeth but as for A Christmas Carol I think poverty or redemption maybe.
Warren2412
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There's two ways it can go:

1) They help everyone to pass to make the new system look good and ask an easy question such as Macbeth's ambition, or Lady Macbeth's role of a strong woman.

2) They prove the new system makes things more streamlined and better separates students by asking a hard question such as the role of Banquo, Malcolm, or Macduff or on the theme of light and darkness etc.
iHateGCSEz
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
well i hope they ask easy questions
LlamaLikeEllie
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have a feeling it could be the witches, or maybe something about Macbeth as a hero? I think it's most likely going to be a main character, (Scrooge, Cratchits etc), or a big theme like social responsibility.
kateee.mcelduff
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For A Christmas Carol I really hope its going to be Social Responsibility - Because I know that one! *Insert laughing emoji's here*. However, for Macbeth, I honestly don't know. Really wishing it will be either Lady Macbeth, Macbeth's ambition or the theme of Supernatural.
LlamaLikeEllie
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by kateee.mcelduff)
For A Christmas Carol I really hope its going to be Social Responsibility - Because I know that one! *Insert laughing emoji's here*. However, for Macbeth, I honestly don't know. Really wishing it will be either Lady Macbeth, Macbeth's ambition or the theme of Supernatural.
If it's the supernatural, can you talk about the witches? I have a concept about the witches, that they only use people like Macbeth and Lady Macbeth for their own power, and then they reject them when they're not powerful enough.
Warren2412
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by LlamaLikeEllie)
If it's the supernatural, can you talk about the witches? I have a concept about the witches, that they only use people like Macbeth and Lady Macbeth for their own power, and then they reject them when they're not powerful enough.
I'd be careful with "making up" backstory for characters in the play cause that won't get you many marks. You could say that they use people simply due to their evil nature, and make people effectively ruin themselves with seemingly good prophecies for fun; but try and steer clear of having an unconfirmed proper motive for it all.
LlamaLikeEllie
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Warren2412)
I'd be careful with "making up" backstory for characters in the play cause that won't get you many marks. You could say that they use people simply due to their evil nature, and make people effectively ruin themselves with seemingly good prophecies for fun; but try and steer clear of having an unconfirmed proper motive for it all.
Okay thanks
Halema sharif
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am really worried about Macbeth and D.Jekyll and M.Hyde.
I have Geography exam and English exam tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
darrencoxon
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Halema sharif)
I am really worried about Macbeth and D.Jekyll and M.Hyde.
I have Geography exam and English exam tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've just uploaded a video which might help: it gives you things to look out for in the exam: https://youtu.be/TLsMZeK5mxw

Posted from TSR Mobile
Halema sharif
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (116)
24.27%
Pop (110)
23.01%
Jazz (22)
4.6%
Classical (25)
5.23%
Hip-Hop (87)
18.2%
Electronic (37)
7.74%
Indie (81)
16.95%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise