Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

retakes at uni watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i was just wondering if you can retake or take a-levels at uni???

ReputationRep:
    Would you want to?!?!

but if you got into uni with your a levels why would you need to retake them. they have served thier purpose of getting you in so why bother :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by planecrazy)
    i was just wondering if you can retake or take a-levels at uni???
    R u worried because of job prospects, when you finish uni, because employers find A levels as a better indicators than degrees.People who have gt 2.1 in their degree,may have various A level results.

How r u hoping to combined ur degree with retakes?

ReputationRep:
    I lad from the year above who is now studying maths at Bangor came back to resit 3 or 4 A level maths exams purely to get a higher grade for himself. He doesn't want to change uni or anything but he was disappointed with a D in further maths last year. It would put more pressure on you though.

Donna
    -x-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DonnaB041986)
    I lad from the year above who is now studying maths at Bangor came back to resit 3 or 4 A level maths exams purely to get a higher grade for himself. He doesn't want to change uni or anything but he was disappointed with a D in further maths last year. It would put more pressure on you though.

Donna
    -x-
    The work load may b demanding, but if u really want to do it,y not?If u work hard, u can gt anywhere.Some of my friends are thinking of retaking too.i believe dey can do it coz they work hard!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hijack the thread but this is something I'm looking for advice on aswell. I've just done AS level maths and was thinking of completing A2 in my first year at uni. I would do this with a tutor as my previous sixth form doesn't have part time students. Although my old teacher said if I go see him every 3 weeks he will give me all the work he has given the class during this time. So basically all my tutor will be doin is going over any bits of this work I don't understand. Also, doing it this way, I would be doing A2 of the new syllabus which I'm told is easier.

This is what I really wanna do but I'm so scared of takin on too much and letting my degree suffer. It's hard for me to judge cos I dnt know how much work my degree will involve and I have to let my college know before 17 Sep (like, before I start uni!!)

Help!! :confused: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prada_princess)
    Sorry to hijack the thread but this is something I'm looking for advice on aswell. I've just done AS level maths and was thinking of completing A2 in my first year at uni. I would do this with a tutor as my previous sixth form doesn't have part time students. Although my old teacher said if I go see him every 3 weeks he will give me all the work he has given the class during this time. So basically all my tutor will be doin is going over any bits of this work I don't understand. Also, doing it this way, I would be doing A2 of the new syllabus which I'm told is easier.

This is what I really wanna do but I'm so scared of takin on too much and letting my degree suffer. It's hard for me to judge cos I dnt know how much work my degree will involve and I have to let my college know before 17 Sep (like, before I start uni!!)

Help!! :confused: :confused:
    Same here, i wana take A2 ict 2.Ive gt 2 find a local college at uni to do this.Wot uni are you gona study in?.I wanted 2 tke a module, whilst @ uni, but i heard i cant,coz i can't uncash my result, because, i got into uni with it?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be at Manchester Uni.
    Can't say it without smiling!! Am so excited!!!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.