Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

student bank accounts watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i cant apply to both hsbc and natwest for a student bank account because i'm only doing a foundation course which doesnt last for more than two years.

hsbc say that i need to bring a letter from my university if i will be studying a further course afterwards but i'm not sure if i will. natwest dont say anything about prooving that my course lasts more than two years but when i apply for the account will they ask for my course details? also if i just say that i am doing a further course but dont actually do it will i be breaking the law?

also, do you know of any other student accounts which do not require a course which lasts for more than two years?

ReputationRep:
    no one knows the answer? ^^

ReputationRep:
    If you say you are going to do a further course how will you prove it? I dont think u'll be breaking any laws by fibbing. I suppose you can stick with your normal current account, if you tell them your still a student but not on a full course they may offer something similar with regards to overdraught etc......

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.