The Student Room Group

Postgraduate Loan - EU student - Brexit

Hi
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by clembchd
Hi, I am writing to you today as I am a French student going to study in England next year. I have been accepted for a MSc International Business at the University of Leeds and I wish to get a postgraduate loan to support myself. With the recent Brexit, I am just wondering whether getting a loan is still possible or not. I have read on the government website it should be but I really wish to get more information about it. Can you help me with this please? Kind regards,Clémence BACHAUD

Hiya :wavey:

Yes you will continue to be eligible for the postgraduate loan until 2018-2019 academic year, even if the UK leaves the EU during the course.

The official statement from the government is here:

www.gov.uk/government/news/government-confirms-funding-for-eu-students-for-2018-to-2019

If you need further information, just drop me a message :u:

Shelley
Hello,
I am currently researching for my dissertation project and the aim is to explore if Brexit will have an effect on EU students finding employment in the UK.
This survey is for non-UK EU national students that are studying at a British university.

I would really appreciate if anyone could dedicate a bit of time to fill out my survey (approximately take 5 minutes) :smile: :smile:

LINK: https://qmul.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/brexit-understanding-eu-students-and-employment

Thank you!
Original post by University of Bradford International
Hiya :wavey:

Yes you will continue to be eligible for the postgraduate loan until 2018-2019 academic year, even if the UK leaves the EU during the course.

The official statement from the government is here:

www.gov.uk/government/news/government-confirms-funding-for-eu-students-for-2018-to-2019

If you need further information, just drop me a message :u:

Shelley

This is correct!

Britain is still a member of the EU, and in all likelihood still will be at the end of 2018. - 'Brexit' hasn't happened yet.

Either way - you will be fine for the postgrad loan. Congratulations on your MSc!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending