Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Resits... help needed watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    AS level I got a C in Maths (B in pure, C in stats and D in mech) Is it possible to retake all 3 modules again?

Also if you choose to accept the grade and resit will any additional points gained in resit just be added to the A2 ums mark? If so then is it possible to get above /300 on your results sheet?

Would it be better for me to decline the grade if I wanted to resit all 3 again?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by MM-Fan)
    AS level I got a C in Maths (B in pure, C in stats and D in mech) Is it possible to retake all 3 modules again?

Also if you choose to accept the grade and resit will any additional points gained in resit just be added to the A2 ums mark? If so then is it possible to get above /300 on your results sheet?

Would it be better for me to decline the grade if I wanted to resit all 3 again?
    If you are carrying on to A2 you do not need to decline the grade I think, as any resits automatically get added to your total for A2, so you will just get a mark/600 with the best mark for each module included.
    BUT if you are applying to Uni and you do not want to declare this grade at AS, then it would be sensible to unclaim it at this stage - as long as it doesn't look strange on your UCAS form (ie you are applying to do Maths!). Some schools do not claim any AS grades and only do so in September when the results are known, if the students are then not carrying on to A2.

ReputationRep:
    I thought unis only knew your predicted grades not actual AS results :s
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by MM-Fan)
    I thought unis only knew your predicted grades not actual AS results :s
    They know your predicted grades BUT if you have 'claimed' your AS grade (ie the result as a grade was on your results slip from the Exam board) then this is official and will need to be entered on your UCAS form under exams already sat!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.