Why do people look better in real life than pictures and vice versa?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Thanks
Drostina
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Some people are photogenic, some aren't.

+ Some people use effects on their pictures and edit their it which makes them look better in the picture
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Overexposure

(according to some it seems to be a function of the brain "averaging" the appearance of the 3 dimensional and moving appearance of life versus having a fixed image which can't be "averaged" as such; sort of like how freeze framing an animation will reveal animation smears, off model moments, and so on whereas in movement it looks perfectly fine)
Kilam_Namoan
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Pictures require Lighting and good resolution to make you look good. So some people are bad at this, and look like monkeys when they take pics but look better in real life.

However, some people look better in photos as they can control the angle (so you get their 'best side'), use filters to hide spots and other features they dislike and photoshop to make it better. This means in real life they are a lackluster compared to their photos. Aka most models and celebrities...
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
tis a weird 1 tbh. regarding the former (pictures>real life), makeup + camera tricks / editing (human eye has a resolution of 25.6 megapixels; times that by 2 and you get 51.2 megapixels with rods and cones being larger than the individual pixels of most cameras).

regarding real life> photos, who knows. I know a lot of people who look better in real life vs photos (including myself). In photos I look like an asian louis lytt from suits whereas in real life, I get much better attention than the photo suggests (1 of the reasons I dont post pics of myself on social media)
username2926188
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
snapchat filters are evil LOL
One time with a snapchat filter, im looking like ariana grande. without it, i look like britney spears on crack
MnkyPolo
Badges: 9
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by emerald7770)
snapchat filters are evil LOL
One time with a snapchat filter, im looking like ariana grande. without it, i look like britney spears on crack
Your posts are hilarious :rofl: prsom
username2926188
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by MnkyPolo)
Your posts are hilarious :rofl: prsom
ehehe i know dey are, tanks a lot
MnkyPolo
Badges: 9
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by emerald7770)
ehehe i know dey are, tanks a lot
Np :lol:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (48)
17.84%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (75)
27.88%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (102)
37.92%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (34)
12.64%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.72%

Watched Threads