Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, this is a thread for those doing Edexcel Biology B.

ReputationRep:
    Hi i feel like no one does this exam board for biology!

ReputationRep:
    How are you finding it?
    Content is not too bad, have you done both sets of specimen papers?
    Feel like the first set is a little easier than the second

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glad-he-ate-her)
    How are you finding it?
    Content is not too bad, have you done both sets of specimen papers?
    Feel like the first set is a little easier than the second
    Don't think I've seen the second set? Or do you mean the AS specimen papers and A2?
    Worried about paper 3 the most because of the practical knowledge aspect :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teenhorrorstory)
    Don't think I've seen the second set? Or do you mean the AS specimen papers and A2?
    Worried about paper 3 the most because of the practical knowledge aspect :cry:
    Second set of biology papers- locked on the website
    Paper 1-http://www.cherryhilltuition.com/A.Bio.EDEXCEL(B).QP24.pdf
    Paper 2-http://www.cherryhilltuition.com/A.Bio.EDEXCEL(B).QP32.pdf

I can`t find paper 3, ask your teacher for it- Paper 3 is very scary and quit tough but im hoping those grade boundaries will save us- mark scheme is very specific as well.

What other A levels do you do?
    Uni course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glad-he-ate-her)
    Second set of biology papers- locked on the website
    Paper 1-http://www.cherryhilltuition.com/A.Bio.EDEXCEL(B).QP24.pdf
    Paper 2-http://www.cherryhilltuition.com/A.Bio.EDEXCEL(B).QP32.pdf

I can`t find paper 3, ask your teacher for it- Paper 3 is very scary and quit tough but im hoping those grade boundaries will save us- mark scheme is very specific as well.

What other A levels do you do?
    Uni course?
    Thank you so much!!
    After looking at it I think you're right it definitely seems harder than the first set. I'm praying the grade boundaries will be low this year.. last year it was ridiculously low

Psychology and English Literature. My firm choice is Law with Politics and Philosophy at KCL
    You?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much!!
    After looking at it I think you're right it definitely seems harder than the first set. I'm praying the grade boundaries will be low this year.. last year it was ridiculously low

Psychology and English Literature. My firm choice is Law with Politics and Philosophy at KCL
    You?
    Med at UCL
    Take physics,chem,bio, maths and AS FM
    Last year was insane- like 58 for an A, hoping for the same

ReputationRep:
    I am also doing this spec. I did the second set first and I'm working through the first set - did paper 1 of the first set this evening and actually did worse on it than the second set for some reason?

What grades do you guys need for biology? I need an A

do you think the sample assessments are generally harder than the actual papers students sit? :/

ReputationRep:
    I need an A but the markschemes are so damn specific!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by violeta23)
    I am also doing this spec. I did the second set first and I'm working through the first set - did paper 1 of the first set this evening and actually did worse on it than the second set for some reason?

What grades do you guys need for biology? I need an A

do you think the sample assessments are generally harder than the actual papers students sit? :/
    (Original post by Avempace)
    I need an A but the markschemes are so damn specific!
    I need an A too ( minimum) but am hoping for an A*, those grade boundaries tho

ReputationRep:
    Do you think grade boundaries will be low then ?

ReputationRep:
    What grade boundaries did you use for the sample papers?

ReputationRep:
    hey guys ,

what sort of marks out of 90 are you guys getting on the specimen papers? There was one paper three, the one with a question on marram grass, where practically no one in my year got over 60/120 (i got 55) . Kinda getting worried

ReputationRep:
    Im honestly so scared for biology. I need an A but I'm not sure I can get it

ReputationRep:
    Yep me too. In the same boat. Need an A, getting a mix of Bs/Cs/As.

ReputationRep:
    They are specimen papers after all, not what could actually turn up, looking at the set of the 7 topics that they said they'll examine in the first paper, I see a few topics they haven't even remotely touched. Also the mark scheme for actual papers majority of times have had more points on the mark scheme than the question itself which proposes some leaveway to students. I wouldnt be too discouraged by the specimen set as it just gives a flavour of what could come up.

ReputationRep:
    Managed to get a copy of this year's AS Paper one. Doesn't look TOO bad

ReputationRep:
    Can practical questions come up in tomorrow's paper?

ReputationRep:
    Yes me too! Just a bit worried Edexcel throw us under the bus! Way too much content! GOOD LUCK for tomorrow and I don't think core practicals will show up but if I were you I would skim through them!

ReputationRep:
    Can practical questions come up in tomorrow's paper?
    (Original post by wayds)
    Yes me too! Just a bit worried Edexcel throw us under the bus! Way too much content! GOOD LUCK for tomorrow and I don't think core practicals will show up but if I were you I would skim through them!
    Nah no practicals will come up, they may ask a question and describe a practical but then they would ask you to calculate or analyse a graph and ask some theory questions

Pm tomorrow right?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 17, 2017
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.